• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meet and greet around lake ozarks- lebanon

biker4christ

Hi, im Shane, new member, 1st post.
What I would really enjoy would be a meet around our area, have seen a few in big cities but we could do it here as well. I'd love to see more ppl practicing our 2nd amendment more often. I feel in this area the public need to be informed and feel comfortable with the idea of OC.
anyone around her who would like to do this chime in, I can do the leg work to find a suitable place, and get everyone's input on a good time to do it.... An OC picnic would be cool to and raise public awareness.
I will even make fliers to put up local.
Thanks, shane
My email--- biker-4-christ@hotmail.com

Last edited:

mspgunner

Hi, im Shane, new member, 1st post.
What I would really enjoy would be a meet around our area, have seen a few in big cities but we could do it here as well. I'd love to see more ppl practicing our 2nd amendment more often. I feel in this area the public need to be informed and feel comfortable with the idea of OC.
anyone around her who would like to do this chime in, I can do the leg work to find a suitable place, and get everyone's input on a good time to do it.... An OC picnic would be cool to and raise public awareness.
I will even make fliers to put up local.
Thanks, shane
My email--- biker-4-christ@hotmail.com

While it is good to be an advocate, there is a lot going down with OC right now. Best advice, don't strike out on your own, meet up with other OCers and follow the posts here for a while.
One thing the OC community in Missouri does not need right now is a mistake and bad press. There is a "State wide OC lunch" in Jefferson City Sept. 14th, you'll probably never meet more OCers in one place then that. We expect OCers from around the State to show up in an OC friendly place in an OC friendly City.

Follow this link:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?115615-Win-or-lose-OC-lunch-in-Jefferson-City

Also a lot of OC folks on Facebook discussion sites if you are on there!

Last edited:

biker4christ

I agree, we dont need any negative press an so on. Just need to get more ppl to do it, and starting locally is a great idea, if it works out
as for the Jeff city lunch meet, I haven't heard till I joined this site, we need to get more info about it out there.
If you have fliers or something I would be willing to post up around her to bring some attention to it. Seem out in the smaller communities, we dont know till it a week late or we see it on the news

mspgunner

I agree, we dont need any negative press an so on. Just need to get more ppl to do it, and starting locally is a great idea, if it works out
as for the Jeff city lunch meet, I haven't heard till I joined this site, we need to get more info about it out there.
If you have fliers or something I would be willing to post up around her to bring some attention to it. Seem out in the smaller communities, we dont know till it a week late or we see it on the news

This is not the sort of event anyone will make "posters" for. You may want to look at a number of previuos posts here, like the Rally Sept. 11th sponsored by GRAA/Gun Rights Across America. It is the veto session inJefferson City and the "focus" of what is happening right now on OC rights in Missouri. we are trying to get 1,000 people to show up. Many will cut school and work to attend. HB436 (The Second Amendment Preservation Act) expands OC right across Missouri. I know you have enthusiasm, but there is a learing curve to what has gone on and what is happening with OC in Missouri.
Always, always check local laws before OCing. That means "NEVER, NEVER ASK THE POLICE". Local laws must be checked at a city hall and they are subject to change.

Good luck, be careful! Agin, look at some of the more recent posts on this forum.

biker4christ

I Have went over and over all the OC laws in mo. I know most cities and town who dont allow it, have been OC'ing for about 3 mths now with no issues at all. Would love to attend but just too far to tell yet, as I couldn't tell u what im doing tmrw, or even the rest of the day for that matter,,lol. Maybe I will make it, do we get to carry there:eek: