Thread: Hit TV series is casting gun collectors & enthusiasts

Hit TV series is casting gun collectors & enthusiasts

A hit series for a major cable network is looking for die-hard gun lovers in Kentucky (and surrounding areas) who want to feature their weapons on the show! Whether you are a professional collector, a recreational shooter, or just a plain-old thrill-seeker who is interested in the gun world- we want to talk to you! If you or anyone you know are interested in learning more about our show, please respond with a recent photo and contact information to matthew.lindahl109@gmail.com. You can also pm me if you would like more details before providing your email. Thank you!

--
    Matt Lindahl
    Leftfield Pictures
    matthew.lindahl109@gmail.com

A production company with a name like Leftfield pictures doesn't sound like it would be producing the type of gun enthusiast show I would want to be a part of. Furthermore, you coming from New York doesn't give me confidence that you'll be portraying any gun folk that do participate on your show completely honestly. What is the proposed name for this "hit" TV series?
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed to whom it may concern.
    Why open carrying is a good idea: http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...encounter.html

I see it the same way Charely.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Banned
    A false flag operation to find out the guns you own?

Well a company called leftfield pictures produces guntucky, pawn stars, and its spinoff counting cars...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I believe it is legit, just not interested. Who in their right mind wants to be on TV?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

After seeing about 3 episodes of Guntucky, I wouldn't touch it!
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Well a company called leftfield pictures produces guntucky, pawn stars, and its spinoff counting cars...
    I have only watched Guntucky and Pawn Stars and I found them both to seem highly scripted.

The only episode of Guntucky that I watched made it seem like us gun owners love to shoot things that belong to other people.

The way I figure it this company wants something similar to Duck Dynasty to cut into that market. Duck Dynasty does us gun owners very little favors.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    They should make a show called "Guns and Auto" ....

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I have only watched Guntucky and Pawn Stars and I found them both to seem highly scripted.

The only episode of Guntucky that I watched made it seem like us gun owners love to shoot things that belong to other people.

The way I figure it this company wants something similar to Duck Dynasty to cut into that market. Duck Dynasty does us gun owners very little favors.
    I disagree, I think Duck Dynasty shows how popular guns have become....

as far as guntucky.. i refuse to watch shows all about guns in the south......
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I believe it is legit, just not interested. Who in their right mind wants to be on TV?
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    The are legitimate production company.
    http://www.leftfieldpictures.com/

They frequent pay for their solicited "actors".
    http://www.njmce.com/casting.pdf

All of that aside, do you think that you would have control of what hit the cutting room floor and what made the released version even for your limited part? Seriously doubt it, but w/o that they can "cast" you in whatever light they wish.

Now when it comes down to national news programs like Night Line or just a local TV station spot, I would not hesitate - these fall under the category that no exposure is bad exposure when it comes to getting the word out. Many of our numbers have gone into the lions den for interviews: John Pierce (OCDO), Philip Van Cleave (VCDL), Alan Gottlieb (CCRKBA), and Alan Gura (SAF) to name a few notables.

See these "reality farces programs as just Hollywood Gone Wild = Jerrry Springer with guns in this case. Decide for yourself how you are going to contribute to the promotion and defense or RKBA.

Disclaimer: That is my personal, unsolicited opinion and does not represent/reflect any postion of OCDO or VCDL.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-26-2013 at 06:08 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    I'll go --- if THEY sign a waiver ....

Hit TV series is casting gun collectors & enthusiasts

Guntucky=retardation

I remember watching about 5 minutes of that "Guntucky" show. Then I turned that sh*t off! "Duck Dynasty" on the other hand is a regularly viewed show in my house...better that than that Honey Boo-Boo crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    http://www.leftfieldpictures.com/

They frequent pay for their solicited "actors".
    http://www.njmce.com/casting.pdf

All of that aside, do you think that you would have control of what hit the cutting room floor and what made the released version even for your limited part? Seriously doubt it, but w/o that they can "cast" you in whatever light they wish.

Now when it comes down to national news programs like Night Line or just a local TV station spot, I would not hesitate - these fall under the category that no exposure is bad exposure when it comes to getting the word out. Many of our numbers have gone into the lions den for interviews: John Pierce (OCDO), Philip Van Cleave (VCDL), Alan Gottlieb (CCRKBA), and Alan Gura (SAF) to name a few notables.

See these "reality farces programs as just Hollywood Gone Wild = Jerrry Springer with guns in this case. Decide for yourself how you are going to contribute to the promotion and defense or RKBA.

Disclaimer: That is my personal, unsolicited opinion and does not represent/reflect any postion of OCDO or VCDL.
    Exactly, Grapeshot!
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    To an extent they are and they have to be....to get the quality they desire.

Remember Hester of Storage Wars .. judge said "its a TV show" does not have to be truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

In this case, it is New York and their innate bigotry of the south. With all the liberals and imported New Yorkers currently working at CMT, I doubt the show would be much different, but could have become a more positive reflection as "our" imports assimilate into Nashville and southern living. (Our native liberals are more conservative than NY Republicans).