• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit TV series is casting gun collectors & enthusiasts

mlin109

A hit series for a major cable network is looking for die-hard gun lovers in Kentucky (and surrounding areas) who want to feature their weapons on the show! Whether you are a professional collector, a recreational shooter, or just a plain-old thrill-seeker who is interested in the gun world- we want to talk to you! If you or anyone you know are interested in learning more about our show, please respond with a recent photo and contact information to matthew.lindahl109@gmail.com. You can also pm me if you would like more details before providing your email. Thank you!

--
Matt Lindahl
Leftfield Pictures
matthew.lindahl109@gmail.com

CharleyCherokee

A production company with a name like Leftfield pictures doesn't sound like it would be producing the type of gun enthusiast show I would want to be a part of. Furthermore, you coming from New York doesn't give me confidence that you'll be portraying any gun folk that do participate on your show completely honestly. What is the proposed name for this "hit" TV series?

09jisaac

Well a company called leftfield pictures produces guntucky, pawn stars, and its spinoff counting cars...

I have only watched Guntucky and Pawn Stars and I found them both to seem highly scripted.

The only episode of Guntucky that I watched made it seem like us gun owners love to shoot things that belong to other people.

The way I figure it this company wants something similar to Duck Dynasty to cut into that market. Duck Dynasty does us gun owners very little favors.

EMNofSeattle

I have only watched Guntucky and Pawn Stars and I found them both to seem highly scripted.

The only episode of Guntucky that I watched made it seem like us gun owners love to shoot things that belong to other people.

The way I figure it this company wants something similar to Duck Dynasty to cut into that market. Duck Dynasty does us gun owners very little favors.

I disagree, I think Duck Dynasty shows how popular guns have become....

as far as guntucky.. i refuse to watch shows all about guns in the south......

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well a company called leftfield pictures produces guntucky, pawn stars, and its spinoff counting cars...
I believe it is legit, just not interested. Who in their right mind wants to be on TV?
After seeing about 3 episodes of Guntucky, I wouldn't touch it!
The are legitimate production company.
http://www.leftfieldpictures.com/

They frequent pay for their solicited "actors".
http://www.njmce.com/casting.pdf

All of that aside, do you think that you would have control of what hit the cutting room floor and what made the released version even for your limited part? Seriously doubt it, but w/o that they can "cast" you in whatever light they wish.

Now when it comes down to national news programs like Night Line or just a local TV station spot, I would not hesitate - these fall under the category that no exposure is bad exposure when it comes to getting the word out. Many of our numbers have gone into the lions den for interviews: John Pierce (OCDO), Philip Van Cleave (VCDL), Alan Gottlieb (CCRKBA), and Alan Gura (SAF) to name a few notables.

See these "reality [strike]farces[/strike] programs as just Hollywood Gone Wild = Jerrry Springer with guns in this case. Decide for yourself how you are going to contribute to the promotion and defense or RKBA.

Disclaimer: That is my personal, unsolicited opinion and does not represent/reflect any postion of OCDO or VCDL.

Last edited:

KySIGGuy

I remember watching about 5 minutes of that "Guntucky" show. Then I turned that sh*t off! "Duck Dynasty" on the other hand is a regularly viewed show in my house...better that than that Honey Boo-Boo crap.

neuroblades

http://www.leftfieldpictures.com/

They frequent pay for their solicited "actors".
http://www.njmce.com/casting.pdf

All of that aside, do you think that you would have control of what hit the cutting room floor and what made the released version even for your limited part? Seriously doubt it, but w/o that they can "cast" you in whatever light they wish.

Now when it comes down to national news programs like Night Line or just a local TV station spot, I would not hesitate - these fall under the category that no exposure is bad exposure when it comes to getting the word out. Many of our numbers have gone into the lions den for interviews: John Pierce (OCDO), Philip Van Cleave (VCDL), Alan Gottlieb (CCRKBA), and Alan Gura (SAF) to name a few notables.

See these "reality [strike]farces[/strike] programs as just Hollywood Gone Wild = Jerrry Springer with guns in this case. Decide for yourself how you are going to contribute to the promotion and defense or RKBA.

Disclaimer: That is my personal, unsolicited opinion and does not represent/reflect any postion of OCDO or VCDL.

Exactly, Grapeshot!

davidmcbeth

Banned

To an extent they are and they have to be....to get the quality they desire.

Remember Hester of Storage Wars .. judge said "its a TV show" does not have to be truthful.

WCrawford

In this case, it is New York and their innate bigotry of the south. With all the liberals and imported New Yorkers currently working at CMT, I doubt the show would be much different, but could have become a more positive reflection as "our" imports assimilate into Nashville and southern living. (Our native liberals are more conservative than NY Republicans).