• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The face of 'tolerance' for OC *WARNING - Possibly Offensive image

Jeff Hayes

I used to do that with my ex-wife when she would go into one of her rages... worked pretty effectively at ******* her off even more.

My line was I understand you are upset and I am so so very sorry smiling throughout the entire delivery.

MKEgal

Trigger Dr said:
the notice of being recorded must be on the recording as well...
So while they're ranting & screaming, you say in a normal tone of voice (which you know will be picked up by your recorder) "I'm recording this".

carolina guy said:
I think the best response is, usually, a VERY large smile.
It either makes them madder or defuses the situation pretty quickly.
An incredulous look, raised eyebrow, & slight smirk or chuckle with a negative headshake is quite expressive too.

article said:
one is compelled to wonder about the stability of somebody who aggressively approaches a visibly armed man and tries to start an argument
+1

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Wednesday july 31st, multiple locations around seattle - coffee meet!

As we always have....

Deros and I will be hosting a coffee meet at the 1st & Pike at 8am...

What I would like to see is others host at different coffee stands/Starbucks around the city.

Post your spot here, get a couple of OCers to each location and let's flash mob the city with lawful OC!​

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

[h=2]Wednesday july 31st, multiple locations around seattle - coffee meet![/h]
In response to Dave's article...

Deros and I will be hosting a coffee meet at the 1st & Pike at 8am...

What I would like to see is others host at different coffee stands/Starbucks around the city.

Post your spot here, get a couple of OCers to each location and let's flash mob the city with lawful OC!​

It's a great idea in theory nick. I just worry our numbers would be hurt by people who are at work or work far away, oh and you took the location I would've chosen....

But I'll think for a day and see if I can help with your project

PALO

Depends. If it involves civilians only, it is an "all parties" consent state (although, simply announcing to them that the conversation is being recorded gennerally suffices). If you are recording a public official acting in his/her professional capacity, it is a 1 party consent state.

The privacy act law that governs recording (intercepting) conversations only refers to "PRIVATE conversation" iow a conversation that is not loud enough for the general people around you to hear AND not recording stuff like you speaking to a teller at mcdonalds (commercial transaction in a store is not a private conversation), or if you are talking to a cop.

If you record a cop at a traffic stop, that's not a private conversation either.

Heck, case law came down that a cop can record (w/o consent or knowledge) an interview conducted by a defense investigator with himself, etc

The "private conversation" element is the most glossed over element of this law. The loudness of the person speaking, the nature of the relationship between the people in the conversation (like the McDonalds or the Cop example) etc. are not private conversations and thus the need to inform before recording is not necessary

Covered previously damn well in some prior posts I might add

Last edited:

skeith5

I work downtown so I might be able to meet up with you but I won't be oc'ing. OC at my work is a no no...

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It's a great idea in theory nick. I just worry our numbers would be hurt by people who are at work or work far away, oh and you took the location I would've chosen....

Criticize, attend, or shut up... those are the choices.

This is a day that Deros and I can and are going into Seattle for coffee. We have many times before, from Greenlake, to Pike's, to Pioneer Square...

(There never is an 'ideal' time/pace, etc) My suggestion is just that, if you have yourself, or another person or several... go somewhere around the city that morning (or anytime) and enjoy a cup of coffee and a walk in the wonderful weather we have been having.

ak56

Campaign Veteran

Criticize, attend, or shut up... those are the choices.

This is a day that Deros and I can and are going into Seattle for coffee. We have many times before, from Greenlake, to Pike's, to Pioneer Square...

(There never is an 'ideal' time/pace, etc) My suggestion is just that, if you have yourself, or another person or several... go somewhere around the city that morning (or anytime) and enjoy a cup of coffee and a walk in the wonderful weather we have been having.

There's no way that the "numbers would be hurt". Any one person that shows up is one more than if nobody shows up. If somebody does not show up (like me, I'll be at work), that does not hurt the number that do show up.

OCbaldguy

I woulda looked at him, smiled and said, "tell me how you really feel my friend." I have no problem with people talking crap to me, nor do i have a problem being the bigger man and shrugging my shoulders and letting it go.

Likely, being friendly and unconcerned makes those types even more aggressive and angry.

Dave Workman

If guns are so bad, why are so many legally carrying them?

While the mainstream press continues beating the drum against Stand Your Ground laws – a cornerstone tenet of modern self-defense – the data suggests more people believe in personal safety responsibility, as the Denver Post reported today that concealed carry permits are increasing dramatically in the state that just adopted tough new gun laws.

http://www.examiner.com/article/if-guns-are-so-bad-why-are-so-many-legally-carrying-them

Dave Workman

While Open Carry activists are planning to “coffee up” at Seattle-area coffee shops tomorrow morning at 8 a.m., the anti-gun “Moms Demand Action” (MDA) is preparing what it calls a “mass initiative signing event for Initiative 594” at Mercer Island’s Mercerdale Park next Tuesday, the Mercer Island Reporter said yesterday.

http://www.examiner.com/article/activism-on-both-sides-pushes-gun-rights-issue

Dave Workman

And now, back to guns and buses

How long before Seattle bus shooting is exploited?

How long will it be before gun prohibitionists exploit slain Seattle gunman Martin Anwar Duckworth, fatally shot yesterday by Seattle police just minutes after shooting a Metro bus driver, and the fact that he was able to obtain a handgun despite a record of drug-related crimes?

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-long-before-seattle-bus-shooting-is-exploited

Freedom1Man

And now, back to guns and buses

How long before Seattle bus shooting is exploited?

How long will it be before gun prohibitionists exploit slain Seattle gunman Martin Anwar Duckworth, fatally shot yesterday by Seattle police just minutes after shooting a Metro bus driver, and the fact that he was able to obtain a handgun despite a record of drug-related crimes?

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-long-before-seattle-bus-shooting-is-exploited

Duckworth, that's not a common name.... I wonder if it's any relationsto the ones I knew while in the Army...

papa bear

the courts has made this abundantly clear. anything in public is fair game to record. the laws are for mostly wired conversations

i was at a booth in Blacksburg VA. when an anti assaulted one of our guys. he didn't press charges, but the police gave them a very stern talking to

just to let you know these people are not Hopolophobes. they are eleutherophobes, they have a fear of freedom, for you me are any body. they are not afraid of the gun, for that mater they use all the terror tactics like getting people killed or even themselves.

these are the same people that will go to a gun show, and put rounds in guns so the will be a ND

davidmcbeth

Banned
reminds me of a story in basic training when I was on guard duty. no one could enter w/o showing Id....well the drill sgt left his Id inside the barracks .... so he had none. He yelled and screamed for 10 minutes and ordered me to open the door. I just calmly repeated the request for him to show me his Id, asked me to leave my post to get it..

everyone else just watched ... 10 min goes by and another guy showed his Id (asst drill sgt), got the sgt's Id and gave to the drill sgt., he showed it to me and I let him in. He was pissed .. but understood.

I actually found basic to the best part of my military service ...