• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Matt Bevin

CharleyCherokee

What do you Louisville folks think of him? He's apparently a Louisville business owner. He will be running in the primary against McConnell so he's got a bit of my interest.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
He has my vote.

McConnell has to go this time around. He has voted to bailout the wealthy and he has hurt the working class. He is a supporter of the Patriot Act, and that alone gets a "NO" vote from me.

The only "dirt" that McConnell can come up with so far on Bevin is that he "took" money from the government. I DARE you to research this and you will see the TRUTH of the matter. In his situation and to help save jobs I would have done exactly what he did. It wasn't like he was getting bailed out.

KySIGGuy

All I know for sure is that ever since I turned 18, I have NEVER voted for McConnell and I never will. The jury is out still as to who will get my vote be it Bevin or Lundergan-Grimes.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...He (McConnell) has voted to bailout the wealthy and he has hurt the working class...
OMG!! "Bail out the wealthy" and "hurt the working class"?!

I don't know what actions you classify as fitting that assertion, but those are liberal terms, not Tea Party or conservative terms.

I'm not speaking for or against Bevin, btw.

langzaiguy

He's definitely got my attention as I can't stand McConnell--and I say that as a registered Republican and TEA partier, BB62. He definitely did vote to bailout the bankers and McConnell most certainly is not a fiscal conservative or a liberty advocate.

CharleyCherokee

I think it's HILARIOUS how all this has got McConnell acting. He was one of the few that voted with Paul to proceed with discussions on his amendment to stop aid to Egypt. And now he is against the patriot act and the like. When the renewal was coming up for the patriot act I took the time to write McConnell and let him know he needed to vote against renewing it. I got a nice letter back with him telling me how we needed the patriot act to keep us safe from TERRORISTS. So I let him know that not only would I not be voting for him I would be actively helping someone campaign against him. It seems he must have got a ton of those letters because he is now trying to act like a liberty loving Kentuckian. I don't think there's anyway I could bring myself to vote for Mrs. Grimes knowing that her family is pretty well connected to people like the Clinton's and such. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't seem to me like the Clinton's associate with liberty minded individuals.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
He's definitely got my attention as I can't stand McConnell--and I say that as a registered Republican and TEA partier, BB62. He definitely did vote to bailout the bankers and McConnell most certainly is not a fiscal conservative or a liberty advocate.
Fair enough, but the language another poster used was right out of the liberal's textbook.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
OMG!! "Bail out the wealthy" and "hurt the working class"?!

I don't know what actions you classify as fitting that assertion, but those are liberal terms, not Tea Party or conservative terms.

I'm not speaking for or against Bevin, btw.

HAHA. You're funny.

I don't give a sh*t who uses a term, because I can assure you millions of people use "terms" people they don't agree with use all the time. What logic can be found in this? This is like saying we shouldn't say "gun" because the anti-gunners use the same word in their bias remarks against gun-owners.

He in FACT did bail out the WEALTHY BANKERS and he has voted on legislation that has HARMED the WORKING MAN! You can continue with your claims that using certain terminology leads us to be a certain type of person, that is your right. I will continue to NOT delve into stereotypes and use whatever terms I choose to get my point across.

You're welcome to go back across the river since Bevin is NOT running in Ohio.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
HAHA. You're funny.

I don't give a sh*t who uses a term, because I can assure you millions of people use "terms" people they don't agree with use all the time. What logic can be found in this? This is like saying we shouldn't say "gun" because the anti-gunners use the same word in their bias remarks against gun-owners.

He in FACT did bail out the WEALTHY BANKERS and he has voted on legislation that has HARMED the WORKING MAN! You can continue with your claims that using certain terminology leads us to be a certain type of person, that is your right. I will continue to NOT delve into stereotypes and use whatever terms I choose to get my point across.

You're welcome to go back across the river since Bevin is NOT running in Ohio.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CharleyCherokee

I went to the Fancy Farm picnic yesterday for the first time. I have to say that was an interesting time. Got to hear Ol' Mitch talk and as soon as he was finished he darted off the stage and into his bus to make a hasty retreat. Mrs. Grimes was next and I was far from impressed with her. Mr. Bevin (our next Ky senator) got to speak next to last and was pretty impressive. The last guy was pretty much just a schmuck. Mr. Bevin was surrounded and it was pretty hard to get his attention because he was being HOUNDED by the press. He made some time to take photos with some supporters. I told him that I missed my opportunity to get my picture taken with Rand I was certainly not going to miss the opportunity to get a picture with the next senator. :D All in all it was a pretty good time. IMG_20130803_155623_393.jpg I'm the one that's not Matt Bevin. Oh... and while I'm talking about him www.mattbevin.com is his campaign website.

DrakeZ07

Bevin won't get elected, his skin isn't white enough! And his face doesn't have enough 'distinguishing-gentleman wrinkles! and his hair doesn't have any gray!

I kid, I kid.

Charley, you look like my first ex, especially with the bandana. Wonder if there's more than looks that you two share in common.

Again, another kid.

MrOverlay

I freely admit that I am a one issue voter, gun rights.

I figure if you understand the true meaning of the 2nd, you are smart enough to get most of the other things right also.

Does Bevin have any track record that can be checked? Any individual support of the 2nd, working with gun rights groups, anything other than words?

Don't read that as pro or con for Bevin, just seeking information.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I went to the Fancy Farm picnic yesterday for the first time. I have to say that was an interesting time. Got to hear Ol' Mitch talk and as soon as he was finished he darted off the stage and into his bus to make a hasty retreat. Mrs. Grimes was next and I was far from impressed with her. Mr. Bevin (our next Ky senator) got to speak next to last and was pretty impressive. The last guy was pretty much just a schmuck. Mr. Bevin was surrounded and it was pretty hard to get his attention because he was being HOUNDED by the press. He made some time to take photos with some supporters. I told him that I missed my opportunity to get my picture taken with Rand I was certainly not going to miss the opportunity to get a picture with the next senator. :D All in all it was a pretty good time. View attachment 10690 I'm the one that's not Matt Bevin. Oh... and while I'm talking about him www.mattbevin.com is his campaign website.

Were you carrying at this event?

Last edited:

langzaiguy

The even happened on private property--belonging to the local Catholic church. If I remember correctly, there is also a school on the grounds. I would imagine carry being prohibited.

CharleyCherokee

I was not carrying because as langzaiguy said there was a school in close proximity and likely the staging area was part of the school grounds. I didn't want to risk being spotted by a secret service agent there for McConnell within 1000 ft of a school either as I don't have a conceal carry permit.