• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Priorities.....and sheeple

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
To those that think PRO did a "wrong" thing by answering.....You weren't there. To say he knows the laws, and how to carry, and what not to say is an understatement....Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. He is as pro rights, and exercises them as much as most anyone on this forum...Teaches others about it for goodness sakes. Anyone who carries regualrly knows, and we have talked about times when it's best to just move on becasue there are bigger things in life at that moment. I.E. out with just your 4 year old, and a cop gets a little nosy. Play along for a few to get away, and not risk having a grandson being picked up by the "Human(e) society"...Sometimes it's easier to just say "shopping with my grandson", then "I don't talk to cops"...YMMV...Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do....A man has to know his limitations though...

Well said!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
ProShooter - the day ended well and that is what counts in this case.

I don't care how you got from A to B - that was your call and no one else's.

Those that don't know you and snipe assume too much - they don't know the rest of the story.

To those that think PRO did a "wrong" thing by answering.....You weren't there. To say he knows the laws, and how to carry, and what not to say is an understatement....Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. He is as pro rights, and exercises them as much as most anyone on this forum...Teaches others about it for goodness sakes. Anyone who carries regularly knows, and we have talked about times when it's best to just move on becausee there are bigger things in life at that moment. I.E. out with just your 4 year old, and a cop gets a little nosy. Play along for a few to get away, and not risk having a grandson being picked up by the "Human(e) society"...Sometimes it's easier to just say "shopping with my grandson", then "I don't talk to cops"...YMMV...Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do....A man has to know his limitations though...

Thank you. As I said, I didn't want it to become an issue because my focus was about my mom and her vehicle. I wasn't really concerned with getting into a shootout on Route 95 or running up and down the road waving my "rights banner", so I locked it in my truck.

I do love reading those who want to quote the law to me, as if I didn't enforce it for 12 years and teach it for 8 years. I tend to think that I know the laws better than a good number of folks here, but I digress.

At the moment, my focus was on my mom, but in hindsight, I realize what the Trooper was doing. Little Ms. Bad Driver saw the signs on my truck, knew that she was in the wrong in causing the accident, and was scared that I was probably one of those crazy, dangerous redneck gun owners that her Obama voting parents told her about. Surely, she must think that I'm there to shoot the place up because I'm pissed about mumma's car, right?

So she goes over and bends the Trooper's ear and to shut her up, he comes up to ask me about it. I tell him its locked in the truck, and he can now go back to her and tell her that I don't have a gun on me. She's now calm, and leaves him the hell alone to write the accident report. I doubt seriously that he cared very much about it, because if I have a permit, to him its not a big issue....but to shut her up, he asked.

I've worn the badge, and I have the benefit of seeing things from both sides of the fence, whereas some people here cannot. Hell, I've been in the lobby of the courthouse and have had to ask one person to move seats because the other party didn't like being stared at. Sometimes, in order to keep the peace and shut the general public the hell up, you have to ask dumb questions and play romper room nurse maid.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
As I stated before, I understand why you put the gun in your car............

--Insult and off-topic rant deleted by Moderator--

So... Proshooter was responding to an automobile accident involving his mother and trying to sort out the possible injuries and damage ... and you think he should have been more concerned about standing up for his 2nd and 4th Amendment Rights, even with the Deputy not making an issue of it, just asking the question in response to the girl's hoplophobia ...... and you think that makes him a sheep? Really? Seriously, dude?

If Maslow had created a hierarchy of principled responses, I suspect that standing up for 2nd and 4th Amendment rights would be near the top of the pyramid (i.e., at the self-actualization level), and taking care of one's Mom near the bottom (i.e., physiological needs). You do understand that the lower levels must be satisfied before we can take on the higher levels, right?

Your comments are inane and do not recognize what was most important in his situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll try to be more perfect like you next time.

I'm not sure you'd look as professional with a clown nose and floppy shoes Jim.
smiley-laughing021.gif

sidestreet

David, if you only knew...,

let me see if I can put it in a way that you might understand..., "These are not the droids you are looking for." ;)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm not sure you'd look as professional with a clown nose and floppy shoes Jim.
smiley-laughing021.gif

And yet this was not moderated....lalalalala kissy kissy kissy lol

Your forgot ... clown nose, floppy shoes, and GUN ...

Churchill said: never give up , never surrender

Nappy like french ... guns never used, only dropped once ... hahahaha

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
And yet this was not moderated....lalalalala kissy kissy kissy lol

Your forgot ... clown nose, floppy shoes, and GUN ...

Churchill said: never give up , never surrender

Nappy like french ... guns never used, only dropped once ... hahahaha

Real Cute David!:lol:

I think you just added a couple of buttons to your Clown Suit. I can't wait for the encore!
Does it take any effort to type something stupid every single time, or does it just come naturally.

Maverick9

Not moderated because there was no insult or rule violation. It was an inside joke understood by the local group.

By the way, inside joke, I hear Grapeshot and Peter Nap wear pink knickers. They claim it was due to a washer malfunction and the inclusion of a red hoodie. The reader must decide, but those insiders who know, are keeping it close to the vest.

(a bit of British insider humor - no insult intended). :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
By the way, inside joke, I hear Grapeshot and Peter Nap wear pink knickers. They claim it was due to a washer malfunction and the inclusion of a red hoodie. The reader must decide, but those insiders who know, are keeping it close to the vest.

The British have no sense of humor! (Except Scouser:uhoh:) Dullest race of people in existence. They are to dull, what Pygmies are to short!:eek:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Well I do have several red shirts - no red hoodie though - and yes some time ago I did that accidentally to a white dress shirt. To give you an idea how long ago, pink shirts and ties were in style then, so no real harm was done.

Can't speak for Mr. Nap, but don't think he does his own laundry, so likely he'd indicate that someone else was responsible. There are a few things he will not record with his cameras - think that might qualify. :uhoh:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well I do have several red shirts - no red hoodie though - and yes some time ago I did that accidentally to a white dress shirt. To give you an idea how long ago, pink shirts and ties were in style then, so no real harm was done.

Can't speak for Mr. Nap, but don't think he does his own laundry, so likely he'd indicate that someone else was responsible. There are a few things he will not record with his cameras - think that might qualify. :uhoh:

I have a pair of long johns that're pink. Used to be red but the sun bleached them. They're my favorite beach wear. They have a trap door for a quick escape too!

31ikJyDwhIL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

Last edited:

Maverick9

For better or worse, once I filtered out the first three responses that would not have gone over very well, I would have said, "Oh yeah I forgot to arm up when I left the house. Thanks for the reminder." And then go do it.

I like this response best. I wouldn't have done it, but it would have been funny to see the look on his face.

Maverick9

I have a pair of long johns that're pink. Used to be red but the sun bleached them. They're my favorite beach wear. They have a trap door for a quick escape too!

31ikJyDwhIL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

M: OH, THANK YOU, Mr. Bond!

*(The painting that James Bond shoots with the wrist activated dart is that of King William III of England)

Last edited: