Thread: Shoulder rig question.

Shoulder rig question.

I just got a shoulder rig and noticed if I have my arm down, my arm and shirt cover my gun. Could this be considered concealing ? It's really hard to see when I wear a black shirt, as the harness and gun are also black.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    hard to say. is it still visible? or at least as visible as a gun on your hip? maybe post a picture to show us exactly what you mean.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

If I put my arm down on my side it covers 95 % of the gun, as well as the mag pouches on the off side, but the shoulder straps are there for all to see.
    Last edited by casper; 07-24-2013 at 10:49 PM.

I wouldn't risk it if I were you. Go move to a different county for a while and get your cpl. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Re: Shoulder rig question.

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    If I put my arm down on my side it covers 95 % of the gun, as well as the mag pouches on the off side, but the shoulder straps are there for all to see.
    Either you have a tiny pistol or HUGE arms. I think it is best to not chance it until you get your cpl. Move back to a OWB holster & when you do get the cpl you already have a shoulder rig ready to go. Win-win.
    Stay safe & off johny laws radar.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I carry in a shoulder rig at times, most recently due to abdominal surgery that makes a belt almost impossible to wear. I have to date had no problems carrying in this manner. In my case thought my gun may be more visible because my shoulder rig is a horizontal mount not a vertical. Hope this helps some.
    Last edited by Ezerharden; 07-25-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Either you have a tiny pistol or HUGE arms. I think it is best to not chance it until you get your cpl. Move back to a OWB holster & when you do get the cpl you already have a shoulder rig ready to go. Win-win.
    Stay safe & off johny laws radar.
    +1
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Shoulder Rig

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    I just got a shoulder rig and noticed if I have my arm down, my arm and shirt cover my gun. Could this be considered concealing ? It's really hard to see when I wear a black shirt, as the harness and gun are also black.
    Hey, I would like to check out that shoulder rig the next time I see you. I have been thinking about getting one of those myself. I was thinking of it more for CC where you get actually put your hand inside your jacket without actually brandishing. For me it seems to be a tactical choice...