• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoulder rig question.

casper

I just got a shoulder rig and noticed if I have my arm down, my arm and shirt cover my gun. Could this be considered concealing ? It's really hard to see when I wear a black shirt, as the harness and gun are also black.

casper

If I put my arm down on my side it covers 95 % of the gun, as well as the mag pouches on the off side, but the shoulder straps are there for all to see.

Last edited:

wizzi01

I wouldn't risk it if I were you. Go move to a different county for a while and get your cpl. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

FreeInAZ

If I put my arm down on my side it covers 95 % of the gun, as well as the mag pouches on the off side, but the shoulder straps are there for all to see.

Either you have a tiny pistol or HUGE arms. :p I think it is best to not chance it until you get your cpl. Move back to a OWB holster & when you do get the cpl you already have a shoulder rig ready to go. Win-win.
Stay safe & off johny laws radar. ;)

Ezerharden

I carry in a shoulder rig at times, most recently due to abdominal surgery that makes a belt almost impossible to wear. I have to date had no problems carrying in this manner. In my case thought my gun may be more visible because my shoulder rig is a horizontal mount not a vertical. Hope this helps some.

Last edited:

Kutter616

Shoulder Rig

I just got a shoulder rig and noticed if I have my arm down, my arm and shirt cover my gun. Could this be considered concealing ? It's really hard to see when I wear a black shirt, as the harness and gun are also black.

Hey, I would like to check out that shoulder rig the next time I see you. I have been thinking about getting one of those myself. I was thinking of it more for CC where you get actually put your hand inside your jacket without actually brandishing. For me it seems to be a tactical choice...