Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Forum Moderators

Michigan Forum Moderators

While I appreciate the fact that some Moderators here are very busy deleting posts and locking threads, do you think maybe someone could sticky events posted in the Michigan Events section within a day?
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Hostility and snarkitude....always the best way to get what you want.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    While I appreciate the fact that some Moderators here are very busy deleting posts and locking threads, do you think maybe someone could sticky events posted in the Michigan Events section within a day?
    With all due respect, anybody posting a thread deserving of a stickie should communicate that to a Moderator or the administration by PM - even then no immediate response should be expected.

Being a Moderator is frequently a thankless job and very time demanding - they do have lives beyond this forum.

See a problem, report it. That will make you part of the solution.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Re: Michigan Forum Moderators

Generally we report our own posts to effect that... Just saying we are not noobs at this (;

Stay informed about events in your area http://miopencarry.org/updates
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    With all due respect, anybody posting a thread deserving of a stickie should communicate that to a Moderator or the administration by PM - even then no immediate response should be expected.
    Being a Moderator is frequently a thankless job and very time demanding - they do have lives beyond this forum.

Who made this possible!?!?!?!?!?! Who is running this place anyway!!!!! Thankless.....uh, ya got me there. Time demanding? Well, what else is more important than keeping OCDO a wholesome, family friendly, gun nut forum.....and attending to my every need. I expect to receive the service I am paying for.

Disclaimer: I added the bold and underline fora overly dramatic effect and the non-smiling smiley in the quote box. Also, nope not me, I am having too good a time being one of the inmates to be one of the guards.

PMing the mods would likely be a good way to do it, but then the going into attack mode is the normal M.O. for a certain michigan organization.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Banned

Sounds like a dream job !
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-25-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Irony?!?
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Well as a moderator someplace else, I can say that if I see a posted event that isn't a sticky, I make it one as a COURTESY. I don't wait to be asked to do my job. As to my attitude, what can I say, those that know me like me, those that have pi$$ed me off, don't
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

Well as a moderator someplace else, I can say that if I see a posted event that isn't a sticky, I make it one as a COURTESY. I don't wait to be asked to do my job. As to my attitude, what can I say, those that know me like me, those that have pi$$ed me off, don't
    I think that is a given.

Still can't read every post, nor would I attempt to do so.

I never get pisdov - just conduct business, including maintaining a short list.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

I think that is a given.

Still can't read every post, nor would I attempt to do so.

I never get pisdov - just conduct business, including maintaining a short list.
    For your entire forum? I can understand. But how difficult is it to moderate this one section and see new posts in the Events area, check them, and sticky as needed? It would take less time than it did for me to type this reply.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2 please pardon any typo's.

For your entire forum? I can understand. But how difficult is it to moderate this one section and see new posts in the Events area, check them, and sticky as needed? It would take less time than it did for me to type this reply.

Yep, for the entire forum.

Check the New Posts several times each day and try to review/clean up every sub-forum on a weekly basis as a housekeeping chore.
    Order of priorities and personal style will be different for each Moderator.

MOC has asked that only certain people post events. In order to honor the request, sometimes some verification is required and this takes time. MOC does have a website to officially post events. Although I do understand the need to post events so that a larger part of the OC community can be aware of MOC events, by doing so they are losing some control regarding the content and the process.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Campaign Veteran
    as an admin to a certain other Michigan gun rights organization, I can't help but chuckle at this thread.

threads are stickied now, can the whining stop?
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Thank you for making the event posts stickies.

Drtodd, your reasoning is weak. You are well aware of the fact that I am authorized to post official MOC events. You reasoning would be sound if it were an unknown person posting the events but that was not the case here

Drtodd, your reasoning is weak. You are well aware of the fact that I am authorized to post official MOC events. You reasoning would be sound if it were an unknown person posting the events but that was not the case here

Actually, I didn't know that, but I'll let MOC police that. The only requests to "sticky" planned events seem to come from Q. and it's what I tend to use as a "stamp of approval". But, quite honestly, by the time I see a request, it has usually already been taken care of by another mod. Although you could argue that is quite a length of time, it is regrettably my reality. I receive anywhere from 150-200 emails a day regarding my other responsibilities; it tends to be anywhere from 12-24 hrs from time of posting before I'm in a position to do anything about it. Well, I guess there is the off chance that the request is made while I am on OCDO, but that is truly quite rare.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Actually, I didn't know that, but I'll let MOC police that. The only requests to "sticky" planned events seem to come from Q. and it's what I tend to use as a "stamp of approval". But, quite honestly, by the time I see a request, it has usually already been taken care of by another mod. Although you could argue that is quite a length of time, it is regrettably my reality. I receive anywhere from 150-200 emails a day regarding my other responsibilities; it tends to be anywhere from 12-24 hrs from time of posting before I'm in a position to do anything about it. Well, I guess there is the off chance that the request is made while I am on OCDO, but that is truly quite rare.
    See, that's why I would make a terrible mod. I would've just banned him...but I'm a power mad tyrant at heart

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Michigan sub-forum, the running weekly soap opera of OCDO

Stay tuned for next week's edition.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

- they do have lives beyond this forum.

Sir, the facts fail to support your claim.

I can back this up with shady logic:

I'm on this forum almost every day, for at least an hour drinking my morning coffee, and checking replies during my lunch break. I'm pretty opinionated and throw my 2 cents in on everything from soup to nuts. So, using my excellent logical abilities:

I have over 1,000 posts.......

You have 23 times as many posts as I..........

Since I am here about an hour a day......

Conclusion: You are here 23 hours a day.

Math + logic = proven fact

(Good thing I don't have 100 posts. You'd be here at least 230 hours a day.)
    Last edited by Superlite27; 07-26-2013 at 08:05 AM.

It seems he didn't. Why did you not just PM the mods and ask them to sticky them? I recall asking them to sticky a thread and shockingly it was stickied.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post

Sir, the facts fail to support your claim.

I can back this up with shady logic:

I'm on this forum almost every day, for at least an hour drinking my morning coffee, and checking replies during my lunch break. I'm pretty opinionated and throw my 2 cents in on everything from soup to nuts. So, using my excellent logical abilities:

I have over 1,000 posts.......

You have 23 times as many posts as I..........

Since I am here about an hour a day......

Conclusion: You are here 23 hours a day.

Math + logic = proven fact

(Good thing I don't have 100 posts. You'd be here at least 230 hours a day.)
    Taking my personal time to count up your posts one by one and tabulating the number of days since you registered indicates an average of 0.50 posts per day on your account.

OTOH - by the same method, I average 8.80 posts per day on OCDO. That yields a net difference of 8.3 posts/da - you should be able to achieve and maintain that level of activity in 40 min. max each day leaving you 20 minutes to drink your coffee........and that is if mufti-tasking is not an option.

If that free 20 minutes were instead utilized for posting, you could reach an accelerated rate of 13.20 postings per day. In five (5) years you will have added 25,000 posts to your total. Problem you will have then though is that some young gun looking to make a name for himself will come looking for you and most likely shoot you in the back using shady logic loads.

You can achieve the same level of notoriety by posting an extreme amount of "bumps" on old threads and/or a lot of +1 on every thread you can find.....even if they are not in your "home state".

............(That was fun, but I've got to go some adult things and post some more!) hint: drag cursor between parenthesis .....
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-26-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Generally we report our own posts to effect that... Just saying we are not noobs at this (;

OR even more convenient they could just go to the events section on this vary forum, much more convenient don't you think?
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...ichigan-Events
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

That is a link to sign up for our email list and to be honest with the stupid infighting on this section is likely to be preferred by some. Not to mention they have the option to get updates on many other things such as legislative updates related to what there congress critters are doing and updates on any lawsuits related to OC in the state.

And no the events section here is likely not as up to date as we push last minute changes such as venue changes or time changes that are out of our hands to the email list first and then work to change all the posts on the various forums.

Last edited by autosurgeon; 07-26-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    That is a link to sign up for our email list and to be honest with the stupid infighting on this section is likely to be preferred by some. Not to mention they have the option to get updates on many other things such as legislative updates related to what there congress critters are doing and updates on any lawsuits related to OC in the state.

And no the events section here is likely not as up to date as we push last minute changes such as venue changes or time changes that are out of our hands to the email list first and then work to change all the posts on the various forums.

Caused by who? a certain Org comes on and whines about their events not being stickied when the poster doesn't have the common courtesy to PM and ask that they be stickied, Perhaps DrTodd was right? http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1964816
    Also Generally sig lines fall below the line, like the REST of your signature does. Signatures also generally don't show up in quotes, but you know that. Why do you feel the need to try to get people from here to go to the other forum for information that is quite available here? Be honest now.
    Last edited by Raggs; 07-26-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast