• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Forum Moderators

Raggs

Thank you for making the event posts stickies.

Drtodd, your reasoning is weak. You are well aware of the fact that I am authorized to post official MOC events. You reasoning would be sound if it were an unknown person posting the events but that was not the case here

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2 please pardon any typo's.

It seems he didn't. Why did you not just PM the mods and ask them to sticky them? I recall asking them to sticky a thread and shockingly it was stickied.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Sir, the facts fail to support your claim.

I can back this up with shady logic:

I'm on this forum almost every day, for at least an hour drinking my morning coffee, and checking replies during my lunch break. I'm pretty opinionated and throw my 2 cents in on everything from soup to nuts. So, using my excellent logical abilities:

I have over 1,000 posts.......

You have 23 times as many posts as I..........

Since I am here about an hour a day......

Conclusion: You are here 23 hours a day.

Math + logic = proven fact

(Good thing I don't have 100 posts. You'd be here at least 230 hours a day.)

Taking my personal time to count up your posts one by one and tabulating the number of days since you registered indicates an average of 0.50 posts per day on your account.

OTOH - by the same method, I average 8.80 posts per day on OCDO. That yields a net difference of 8.3 posts/da - you should be able to achieve and maintain that level of activity in 40 min. max each day leaving you 20 minutes to drink your coffee........and that is if mufti-tasking is not an option.

If that free 20 minutes were instead utilized for posting, you could reach an accelerated rate of 13.20 postings per day. In five (5) years you will have added 25,000 posts to your total. Problem you will have then though is that some young gun looking to make a name for himself will come looking for you and most likely shoot you in the back using shady logic loads.

You can achieve the same level of notoriety by posting an extreme amount of "bumps" on old threads and/or a lot of +1 on every thread you can find.....even if they are not in your "home state".

:lol:......:lol:......(That was fun, but I've got to go some adult things and post some more!) hint: drag cursor between parenthesis :lol:.....:lol:

Last edited:

autosurgeon

That is a link to sign up for our email list and to be honest with the stupid infighting on this section is likely to be preferred by some. Not to mention they have the option to get updates on many other things such as legislative updates related to what there congress critters are doing and updates on any lawsuits related to OC in the state.

And no the events section here is likely not as up to date as we push last minute changes such as venue changes or time changes that are out of our hands to the email list first and then work to change all the posts on the various forums.

Stay informed about events in your area http://miopencarry.org/updates

Last edited:

Raggs

That is a link to sign up for our email list and to be honest with the stupid infighting on this section is likely to be preferred by some. Not to mention they have the option to get updates on many other things such as legislative updates related to what there congress critters are doing and updates on any lawsuits related to OC in the state.

And no the events section here is likely not as up to date as we push last minute changes such as venue changes or time changes that are out of our hands to the email list first and then work to change all the posts on the various forums.

Caused by who? a certain Org comes on and whines about their events not being stickied when the poster doesn't have the common courtesy to PM and ask that they be stickied, Perhaps DrTodd was right? http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-in-Michigan&p=1964816&viewfull=1#post1964816
Also Generally sig lines fall below the line, like the REST of your signature does. Signatures also generally don't show up in quotes, but you know that. Why do you feel the need to try to get people from here to go to the other forum for information that is quite available here? Be honest now.

Last edited:

Raggs

The SIG is being posted via tapatalk which is how I do most of my forum visits. It shows up on every forum I visit from tapatalk which is around 10. Only here has anyone cared.

I don't care, I just think that it is rather cheesy to try to take posters from another forum, which does seem to be the basic idea of a Michigan gun organization that attacks first with little to no cause.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

Finally... someone sees my point. Thank you, Autosurgeon. I would add "MOC" or "Michigan Open Carry" before the word "events", (Suggestion, not demand). Perhaps MOC is even posting OC events NOT sponsored by MOC?

MOC and OCDO are not inextricably intertwined! They are two distinct entities and history would indicate that they have different goals. By treating the two organizations as one entity, MOC leadership become frustrated that things aren't done they way they would like and, when they try to exert some pressure on OCDO to manage the "official MOC message", OCDO members may see it as snarky games of one-up-man-ship with issues of control/power thrown in for good measure. I don't blame them for wanting to manage their message regarding events; I think they need to build traffic to the event section of their website or increase subscribers to their email list in order to do that.

I am not saying that individual members/users can't post events on one another's website and that individual members need to choose only one of the websites upon which to participate, rather that MOC members can use their website for "official" event notifications and control all aspects of that post... and OCDO members can post whatever events they wish on OCDO... whether "sponsored" by MOC or not. MOC can always ask that the mods remove an erroneous post regrading an event, or one that violates the rules. But asking that certain timelines or verification procedures be followed on OCDO starts to blur that they are distinct organizations. As there seems to be an ever widening difference between the stated goals of the two organizations, I think by maintaining a clear distinction would be best for both.

Events sponsored by anyone or any organization promoting Open Carry are posted here. If someone needs information about MOC events, they have a link above that can be utilized. The fact that some of us more "old and feeble minded" OCDO "members" may have some history with MOC, or are still members, should be immaterial to what happens on OCDO. Likewise, MOC can choose to only post events they sponsor or they can choose to post all OC events. But, that remains MOC's choice as does the "policy" of OCDO remain the choice of OCDO (John, etc).

Last edited:

Ezerharden

While my opening post for this thread was not well received, the topics have been stickied and I have said thank you. Now this thread has been hijacked by a person here who objects to a member of MOC having a link in their signature advising people of MOC's EMAIL LIST, not Forums. To be honest from what I have seen, there are very few MOC members here anyway. I post the events here to open them up to people that are not members that may be curious and wish to attend an MOC event and check out the group. In that respect, I am not exactly competing with OCDO for events they hold.

As to not having the "common courtesy" to request the posts be stickied, I guess my style of moderation is different, I actually look for more than just rule violation. But hey, that's just me. In the future I will be sure to report my own post and request a sticky, or PM someone.

BTW Raggs, if you are so against MOC, why were you at the picnic in Lansing on the 20th?

Last edited:

Raggs

While my opening post for this thread was not well received, the topics have been stickied and I have said thank you. Now this thread has been hijacked by a person here who objects to a member of MOC having a link in their signature advising people of MOC's EMAIL LIST, not Forums. To be honest from what I have seen, there are very few MOC members here anyway. I post the events here to open them up to people that are not members that may be curious and wish to attend an MOC event and check out the group. In that respect, I am not exactly competing with OCDO for events they hold.

As to not having the "common courtesy" to request the posts be stickied, I guess my style of moderation is different, I actually look for more than just rule violation. But hey, that's just me. In the future I will be sure to report my own post and request a sticky, or PM someone.

BTW Raggs, if you are so against MOC, why were you at the picnic in Lansing on the 20th?

I am not "so against MOC" By and large the membership are good people that I enjoy being around. However the way that I have been treated by leadership of MOC and the lies that have been spread by the leadership of MOC leaves me a little leery in my dealings with them. That is not to say ALL the leadership of MOC, just a great many of them. I wasn't aware that I met you at the picnic, which as I recall WAS a joint group picnic.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

I am not "so against MOC" By and large the membership are good people that I enjoy being around. However the way that I have been treated by leadership of MOC and the lies that have been spread by the leadership of MOC leaves me a little leery in my dealings with them. That is not to say ALL the leadership of MOC, just a great many of them. I wasn't aware that I met you at the picnic, which as I recall WAS a joint group picnic.

You met me. Probably didn't realize who I was. As to your dislike, or lack of, seems you are very hostile to MOC members that post here.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2 please pardon any typo's.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I was at the Lansing picnic. It would be nice to put a name with a face; I may have seen you and not even known. :(
If so, and you knew who I was, I wish you would have introduced yourself. Although I used to get to a few events on the east side of the state during my summer, with my children getting older and me participating in more of their events throughout the summer, my ability to get over there as often as I'd like has been somewhat reduced.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

Yep that was me, the guy who could barely move that day lol. DrTodd, having never seen you before, I could have talked to you and no realized it.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Looking at some pictures of MOC events, etc... I know the face now. No worries, I don't think that I spoke with you. I spent most of my time talking with a person who is a rather recent CCer and his wife/girlfriend (can't remember which). I was trying to get him to see the positives of OC and answering some of his concerns. He didn't fit the "typical" picture of a Michigan gun owner that one tends to develop over time, and I noticed that no one was really talking to him; I decided to strike up a conversation. So, although I didn't get to spend time meeting some people that have been on my "Need-To-Meet list", I am very glad I got to speak with a very interesting person who hopefully sees OC in a new light.