Thread: Example of self defense laws protecting the aggressor in a homicide

Marion County, FL

Example of self defense laws protecting the aggressor in a homicide

Florida man killed after being punched once by robber.

The victim could not use deadly force under Fl law. Contrary to what the anti rights media cries, the self defense laws in Fl and other places are pretty conservative. Most punches aren't deadly, but some are. The FBI says hands and feet are more deadly than, "assault weapons" for example.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

earth's crust
    They are called "one punch homicides" and they are not that uncommon...

Fallon, NV
    The method of attack is not addressed in any self defense laws that I'm aware of, only that the persons defending themselves fear for their life. In Florida Statutes it's termed "presumption of fear" and "imminent threat"

If the bad guy gets one punch in, and kills you then you have no ability to defend yourself. It's unfortunate, but it does happen. It does give credibility to those that defend themselves against somebody using bare hands.

If nothing else, I've learned, if you have to defend yourself with lethal force, and kill somebody, you're going to take the ride. You'll have to prove, in court, to a jury of your peers, that you were justified. I'd rather do that than be dead and not have the option.
    Last edited by FallonJeeper; 07-25-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Hoka hey