• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wednesday july 31st, multiple locations around seattle - coffee meet!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
As we always have...

Deros and I will be hosting a coffee meet at the 1st & Pike at 8am...

What I would like to see is others host at different coffee stands/Starbucks around the city.

Post your spot here, get a couple of OCers to each location and let's flash mob the city with lawful OC!

Last edited:

()pen(arry

My new project at work doesn't start until August, so I can attend. To avoid the unseemliness of coworkers seeing me OCing in casual clothes during the business day (my office is the top bunch of floors of the Exchange building at 2nd and Marion), I'll probably join the 1st and Pike meet.

Dave Workman

Don’t get mad at open carry, get mad at violent thieves

Charges were filed yesterday in two different courts against different suspects in different crimes involving guns – one in Seattle the other in Everett – while good guys with guns began planning to “coffee up” next Wednesday, showing a contrast between legally-armed citizens and outlaws.

http://www.examiner.com/article/don-t-get-mad-at-open-carry-get-mad-at-violent-thieves

(You can 'like' this one all you want....:D :banana:

GunnyG

As we always have...

What I would like to see is others host at different coffee stands/Starbucks around the city.

Post your spot here, get a couple of OCers to each location and let's flash mob the city with lawful OC!

8am? I'll be on my second venti Pike's by then! But, I may be in the vicinity .

If anyone else wants to go to somewhere else, I could just as easily meet-up at (Renton Highlands) Sunset and Coal Creek, Newcastle (either of of NE 44th, or Coal Creek and SE69th), SoDo...

BTW, the demanding Moms et al have been burning up the SBux facebook page over the last 24 hours or so: https://www.facebook.com/Starbucks?ref=stream&hc_location=stream&filter=2
Please feel free to stop by, and let Starbucks know that you still appreciate them!

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
My reply:
"Sounds like a fear of an inanimate object requires counseling. I'm sorry, and hope you get the help you so desperately need. Best wishes on your path to healing."

EMNofSeattle

it would be a dream of mine to have an OC meet-up at the 40 floor Starbucks at the Columbia center in downtown on 5th and Columbia. Now I wonder if security will kick you out of the building for OC (they shouldn't, since the builders of that tower made an agreement with the city that floors 1-4 and 40 would be open to the public in exchange for a higher building height limit, but that's digressing) or there is several coffee shops open on the ground floors and atrium as well..

maybe SVG and I can try using that location, if security asks to leave, we can take the tunnel concourse under 5th the Seattle Municipal tower and conduct the meetup in the coffee shop there since it is a public facility owned by the City of Seattle...

just kicking 'round an idea, and I'll call a friend of mine who owns a pistol and see if I can get her out there OCing as well....

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
count me in. Is anyone utilizing public transportation to and from the event? That time of day you will need 1-1.5 hrs of travel time just to get there.

Tacoma / Lakewood trains are available as well as buses.

EMNofSeattle

count me in. Is anyone utilizing public transportation to and from the event? That time of day you will need 1-1.5 hrs of travel time just to get there.

Tacoma / Lakewood trains are available as well as buses.

I think there's also trains from Everett.

if you're in Tacoma, Sumner, Puyallup, etc the Sounder train is the best single option for getting into downtown at that hour, the sounder will let you off in Pioneer Square near the stadiums and I think it's only 4 bucks or so to ride, and it's smooth and clean.

skeith5

There is a sounder from Everett. I believe they are at 615, 645, and 715 am. They don't go back until the afternoon though. You can take the 510 back to the Everett station. That bus runs frequently.

EMNofSeattle

So since no one else has floated ideas ill just go ahead and wing it.

8 o clock, Starbucks at 1201 3rd in downtown. Ill stop in there, hopefully a couple people will go there as well who can actually OC....

If I go and no one else shows ill just migrate over Pike place and say hi to Nick.

Anyway 1201 third is centrally located in downtown, alot of foot traffic from various parking garages and the two coffee shops on that block see heavy traffic in the morning. If visibility is important this is a good location.

EMNofSeattle

This is something I'll float around as well (and I hope people join me at starbucks... i'll post the address of the exact one i'm using soon) But if we do get multiple locations going, should we arrange a time to converge on a single location afterwards. like lets say we get two people where I suggested, gogo, bill and Jim at Pike, and Sanchez and someone else somewhere he likes...

should we then wait 30 minutes at the original spot, then head over to say... Westlake park and meet as a larger group (of course i'm assuming we'll have any number of people) but that might be something to consider but I guess gogo has final say on that...

anyone here's my "official" second location that i'll be at at 8 o clock.

1301 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 981013029

here is a google map showing the proximate location.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This is something I'll float around as well (and I hope people join me at starbucks... i'll post the address of the exact one i'm using soon) But if we do get multiple locations going, should we arrange a time to converge on a single location afterwards. like lets say we get two people where I suggested, gogo, bill and Jim at Pike, and Sanchez and someone else somewhere he likes...

should we then wait 30 minutes at the original spot, then head over to say... Westlake park and meet as a larger group (of course i'm assuming we'll have any number of people) but that might be something to consider but I guess gogo has final say on that...

anyone here's my "official" second location that i'll be at at 8 o clock.

1301 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 981013029

here is a google map showing the proximate location.

Just enjoy some time wondering around downtown Seattle. Go shopping and have fun....go about your normal routine...

Freedom1Man

I think there's also trains from Everett.

if you're in Tacoma, Sumner, Puyallup, etc the Sounder train is the best single option for getting into downtown at that hour, the sounder will let you off in Pioneer Square near the stadiums and I think it's only 4 bucks or so to ride, and it's smooth and clean.

The train out of Everett is limited.

The 510 (511 on the weekend) bus runs from Everett station to DT Seattle.

There is another way if you take the Rapid Ride, but I don't remember the transfer.

Out of Bothel the 522 bus goes to DT Seattle also.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

FYI, your meet made it to 'Mom's demand action'. Might want to make sure your recorder is running.

Moms Demand Action said:
We've recently found out that Open Carry Washington is planning a Coffee Meet tomorrow, Wednesday July 31st at 8am at the Starbucks at First and Pike. Please sign on to our petition asking Starbucks to use ‪#‎gunsense‬! http://momsdemandaction.nationbuilder.com/sb2013

Edit: They posted a few more times asking for people to show up, I assume to try and counter your meet. Not sure how that works out with them boycotting Starbucks and all?

Edit 2: This has also made PRNews/Yahoo. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/official-statement-moms-demand-action-110000200.html

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Everyone planning on this location PM me and we will move locations.

Starbucks has asked not to be put in the middle of the political debate and we need to respect their request.

EMNofSeattle

so hopefully everyone has a good time, I overslept my alarm and missed the ferry :cuss:

but I'll pop into town later although I'm sure everyone will be off by then...

anyway, good luck, don't let the other groups bait you, whatever you do.