• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wednesday july 31st, multiple locations around seattle - coffee meet!

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Everyone planning on this location PM me and we will move locations.

Starbucks has asked not to be put in the middle of the political debate and we need to respect their request.

I am glad we took the high road and moved locations. Of course, they claim victory that they deterred the event.

Mom's Demand Action - Seattle said:
Apparently the moms deterred the open carry guys from Starbucks. We've spotted about 5 guys and one gal walking around downtown Seattle with hoslters and guns.

https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionWASeattle/posts/492172620868149

Last edited:

arentol

I was one block from the market when I found out my co-worker (One of us always has to be there from 8-5) was running late and I had to head in to work on time, instead of 8:30 as I had planned so I could meet up with you guys. Wish I hadn't had to miss it. :(

rapgood

Don’t get mad at open carry, get mad at violent thieves

Charges were filed yesterday in two different courts against different suspects in different crimes involving guns – one in Seattle the other in Everett – while good guys with guns began planning to “coffee up” next Wednesday, showing a contrast between legally-armed citizens and outlaws.
http://www.examiner.com/article/don-t-get-mad-at-open-carry-get-mad-at-violent-thieves
(You can 'like' this one all you want....:D :banana:

Joined Nick and Jim for coffee this am. On the way to the meet, I was stopped by I-594 petitioners. I kept asking them "Why?" about signing and "How are background checks going to stop criminals with stolen guns from using them?" Predictably, no answer.

skeith5

I'm glad I was able to make it at least for a little bit! Yes, the 3 little old ladies from the mom's group certainly scared us...

skeith5

They must have waited about an hour. They passed us around 9am. They had signs, I counted 3 of them. They did wave back.

jsanchez

Sorry I couldn't make the meet but I had to work.

But today i went to greemlake, walked around a little

And stopped at starbucks.