• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our state reps think they're better than us

stealthyeliminator

Regarding the private property, I assume you mean that they can effectively ignore 30.06 signs... That is BS. If I owned a business I think I'd just say no politicians allowed, period. I of course wouldn't have a 30.06 sign on my door, but if I did, their exemption would be irrelevant. But, even if you didn't just ban all politicians from the premises, and regardless of any exemptions they have, you can always tell them to leave in the event you become aware of their carry status.

mustangkiller

Regarding the private property, I assume you mean that they can effectively ignore 30.06 signs... That is BS. If I owned a business I think I'd just say no politicians allowed, period. I of course wouldn't have a 30.06 sign on my door, but if I did, their exemption would be irrelevant. But, even if you didn't just ban all politicians from the premises, and regardless of any exemptions they have, you can always tell them to leave in the event you become aware of their carry status.

Good point. Regardless of carry laws, trespassing is trespassing. Problem is that you and I would be charged with trespass by a lic. holder, they just get a piece of paper that says they can't come back. What happened to equal protection? If Zimmerman moves to TX can he walk around 30.06 signs? He has more death threats sent to him a day than all of our reps combined in a year.

stealthyeliminator

Good point. Regardless of carry laws, trespassing is trespassing. Problem is that you and I would be charged with trespass by a lic. holder, they just get a piece of paper that says they can't come back. What happened to equal protection? If Zimmerman moves to TX can he walk around 30.06 signs? He has more death threats sent to him a day than all of our reps combined in a year.

Good point.. There is no doubt they think of themselves as being in a privileged class.

Edit: To clarify my earlier comment, when I said "that is BS", I meant it's BS that they have "allowed themselves" to do that, I didn't mean that what you were saying is BS. I agree with you completely.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
We have = protection under the law .... so your state rep is going to be your bodyguard of something?

Texas ain't what it used to be .... starting to go down the toilet ...

red light cameras, stupid gun restrictions, etc ... now this

i would not move to TX ... I just foresee more of this going in the wrong direction in the future

stealthyeliminator

We have = protection under the law .... so your state rep is going to be your bodyguard of something?

Texas ain't what it used to be .... starting to go down the toilet ...

red light cameras, stupid gun restrictions, etc ... now this

i would not move to TX ... I just foresee more of this going in the wrong direction in the future

It is kinda funny how they'll ban the carry of firearms under the guise of public safety and then enable themselves to legally carry as soon as they get scared. Quite obviously they do not actually believe leaving firearms at home will increase the safety of the public - them being a part of the public.

KBCraig

I didn't see a bill number cited. I couldn't find anything like this that passed, and no one else reported it.

Did such a bill actually pass? Cite with bill number?

HPmatt

One thing you're overlooking here is that while the Texas legislators think the rules don't apply to themselves and they are better than the average Texan, they are part of a class that is subject to shooting in Texas - the bulk of them are attorneys. Haven't seen it lately but I want to say there was a daily limit on attorneys at 3 a day, hunting season is all year long.

stealthyeliminator

One thing you're overlooking here is that while the Texas legislators think the rules don't apply to themselves and they are better than the average Texan, they are part of a class that is subject to shooting in Texas - the bulk of them are attorneys. Haven't seen it lately but I want to say there was a daily limit on attorneys at 3 a day, hunting season is all year long.

Lets assume they are at higher risk, the right to defend ones self is not hinged upon the threats they face in daily life. If humanity achieved utopia and the threat of death was unfathomably low, I'd still have the right to carry a weapon to defend myself.