Thread: Christie needs to move about 400 miles East - calls libertarians dangerous

Banned

Christie needs to move about 400 miles East - calls libertarians dangerous

I just want us to be really cautious, because this strain of libertarianism that’s going through both parties right now and making big headlines, I think, is a very dangerous thought,” Christie said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rtarians-hard/

Oh, so I guess the notions of less government, more personal responsibility, more personal liberty is now dangerous...

His chances of being a high federal official is basically zero now.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    “I think what we as a country have to decide is: Do we have amnesia? Because I don’t,” he said. “And I remember what we felt like on Sept. 12, 2001.”

Typical. 100% appeal to emotion.

He dismissed some of the current privacy/national security debates as “esoteric.”

Umm, excuse me Mr. Christie, but the moment that discussions of freedom and liberty become "esoteric" to the American people is the moment that the American people have become completely disconnected with the very foundation of this entire nation.

I am really not surprised by this.

Re: Christie needs to move about 400 miles East - calls libertarians dangerous

The man's a fascist pig. Literally. No news here.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

What "strain of Libertarianism" is he talking about? Are there different varieties? If so, which one is the dangerous one?
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 07-26-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: I'll join that one.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    His chances of being a high federal official is basically zero now.
    On the contrary: this guarantees the major media will keep baiting him with opportunities to cat-fight with Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Justin Amash, et al., and giving him camera time every time he takes it.

I like the come-back, though:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...k-more-real-a/

Mr. Paul fired back Friday morning on his official Senate Twitter feed, writing that the governor “worries about the dangers of freedom. I worry about the danger of losing that freedom. Spying without warrants is unconstitutional.”

A top aide to Mr. Paul immediately fired back, telling The Washington Times the senator’s opposition to government drone policies and surveillance programs are designed to “protect the freedoms that make America exceptional.”

“If Gov. Christie believe the constitutional rights and the privacy of all Americans are ‘esoteric,’ he either needs a new dictionary or he needs to talk to more Americans, because a great number of them are concerned about the dramatic overreach of our government in recent times,” Paul senior advisor Doug Stafford said.

Banned
    pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppp

Sounds like fatso is taking a page from pelosi's book: we need to steal your guns to defend the 2nd

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    What "strain of Libertarianism" is he talking about? Are there different varieties? If so, which one is the dangerous one?
    LOL......maybe he thinks Glen Beck libertarian-ism is good...

He is right libertarian-ism is dangerous, because it exposes these "conservatives" like him who sell them selves as the protectors of the constitution as the unconstitutional asses they are.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I've got that libertarian-ism that's been going around.

Must of got it from that toilet seat at that truck stop.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    LOL......maybe he thinks Glen Beck libertarian-ism is good...
    "I'm becoming more and more libertarian everyday."

Sure Glen, whatever you say.

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    "I'm becoming more and more libertarian everyday."

Sure Glen, whatever you say.
    That just means his meds are working...for now.

400 miles east.....hmmm.