Thread: Carry at Whaling Days? - Kitsap County

Carry at Whaling Days? - Kitsap County

Whaling days is this weekend here at Kitsap County, not sure if it's legal at the waterfront area. Anyone know if it's legal and planning on carrying this weekend?
    "Gun control is the use of both hands".

Pretty sure it is, but I am no expert...

You are looking in the wrong direction. Ask why it would not be legal to OC.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Well,,,

You are a "Go" for OC!
    Please peruse this thread from 2009..
    OC picinc at Silverdale Waterfront Park (WA) gets big time press!

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by XDNick9 View Post
    Whaling days is this weekend here at Kitsap County, not sure if it's legal at the waterfront area. Anyone know if it's legal and planning on carrying this weekend?
    OC last year and will probably be there tomorrow afternoon XDM in 40

I went to Whaling days this evening with my family and decided to cover up the XD9 so I wouldn't inconvenience them. Lotta law enforcement out and about there, so don't drink and drive =\ but carry on and stay safe everyone! Good night!
    "Gun control is the use of both hands".

I do not know if I have ever open carried during whaling days but I have defiantly open carried on in the area including the whaling days area. You are good to go, I think the parks might have had signs up way back in the days says firearms where not allowed in the "park" area. Not sure if they are still up or not but if they are you can disregard them. The signs are unlawful and illegal under Washington state preemption
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Did they catch a whale?

bob

Quote Originally Posted by XDNick9 View Post
    After dropping off the wife I parked in one of the lots run by the boy scouts troop 1552. 5 dollars to a good cause. I talked with the leader, he is from Texas, I said I would not like it there because no OC. We had a good talk though. Found the wife so started just wandering the booths. Stopped at Verizon when she asked if I used their service. We talked 15 or so minutes about Glock Springfield, and 1911s. Got stopped by a man and he asked if OC was legal in WA. We talked for a while and I told him to go to OC.ORG. I Then stopped at the American Legion. Stayed there the longest. We talked about several carry guns, shooting, reloading, and Kitsap Rifle and Revolver club. The last stop was Home Depot; just talked guns in general. 99% of the people never noticed or just made no comment. There was only two off comments both said hey you gonna shoot me. On the way out we went back by the American Legion and there was a Kitsap Co. Deputy. I stopped and shook his hand and thanked him for his service to the county. All with an XDM in 40 OC.