• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry at Whaling Days? - Kitsap County

XDNick9

Whaling days is this weekend here at Kitsap County, not sure if it's legal at the waterfront area. Anyone know if it's legal and planning on carrying this weekend?

HotLead

Whaling days is this weekend here at Kitsap County, not sure if it's legal at the waterfront area. Anyone know if it's legal and planning on carrying this weekend?

OC last year and will probably be there tomorrow afternoon XDM in 40

XDNick9

I went to Whaling days this evening with my family and decided to cover up the XD9 so I wouldn't inconvenience them. Lotta law enforcement out and about there, so don't drink and drive =\ but carry on and stay safe everyone! Good night!

fire suppressor

I do not know if I have ever open carried during whaling days but I have defiantly open carried on in the area including the whaling days area. You are good to go, I think the parks might have had signs up way back in the days says firearms where not allowed in the "park" area. Not sure if they are still up or not but if they are you can disregard them. The signs are unlawful and illegal under Washington state preemption

HotLead

After dropping off the wife I parked in one of the lots run by the boy scouts troop 1552. 5 dollars to a good cause. I talked with the leader, he is from Texas, I said I would not like it there because no OC. We had a good talk though. Found the wife so started just wandering the booths. Stopped at Verizon when she asked if I used their service. We talked 15 or so minutes about Glock Springfield, and 1911’s. Got stopped by a man and he asked if OC was legal in WA. We talked for a while and I told him to go to OC.ORG. I Then stopped at the American Legion. Stayed there the longest. We talked about several carry guns, shooting, reloading, and Kitsap Rifle and Revolver club. The last stop was Home Depot; just talked guns in general. 99% of the people never noticed or just made no comment. There was only two off comments both said “ hey you gonna shoot me”. On the way out we went back by the American Legion and there was a Kitsap Co. Deputy. I stopped and shook his hand and thanked him for his service to the county. All with an XDM in 40 OC.:banana: