• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My new open carry holster.....

()pen(arry

Nice. I've been looking at various holsters to replace my DeSantis Thumb Break, which is just a pita to put on and take off. The gun also rides a little high. Does that Falco not flap around on your thigh?

Also, the guy in that review has callouses on his hand. Huh huh huh.

Trigger Dr

Ummm, does that matter?

Sent from the back of a black van

I would say YES, it does matter. I keep ALL my firearms loaded because...it is the UNLOADED gun that kills people.

Even if I am showing a firearm to a friend, and I have double checked it, I still tell them "careful, it is loaded so check it."

GreatWhiteLlama

My new open carry holster from Falco Holsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVLT8MY_S50

1. All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.

2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. (For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)

3. Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target. This is the Golden Rule. Its violation is directly responsible for about 60 percent of inadvertent discharges.

4. Identify your target, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Cooper

SPOProds

I would say YES, it does matter. I keep ALL my firearms loaded because...it is the UNLOADED gun that kills people.

Even if I am showing a firearm to a friend, and I have double checked it, I still tell them "careful, it is loaded so check it."

I was being sarcastic.

Sent from the back of a black van

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Another vote for keeping your booger hook off the bang switch - even when the gun is stripped into component parts. Muscle memory, mind-set and all that.

Surprised you did not check out Uncle Mike's and other makers of generic nylon holsters. Probably could have gotten something "just as good" from an American manufacturer and picked it up at your local gun shop instead of waiting several weeks for your international purchase to clear customs. If you are buying something from their stock inventory it is not "custom made" - and the claim that all their holsters are hand sewn is nothing more than hype because very few manufacturers use CNC sewing machines when sweatshop human labor is so much cheaper. (Not saying Falco runs a sweatshop - just trying to some emphasis on the fact that almost every cheap generic nylon holster is hand sewn.)

All that being said, I'm glad to read that you found a holster that fits your FN well enough to make you happy. I know the feeling due to several "oddball" handguns in my collection.

stay safe.

jsanchez

Another vote for keeping your booger hook off the bang switch - even when the gun is stripped into component parts. Muscle memory, mind-set and all that.

Surprised you did not check out Uncle Mike's and other makers of generic nylon holsters. Probably could have gotten something "just as good" from an American manufacturer and picked it up at your local gun shop instead of waiting several weeks for your international purchase to clear customs. If you are buying something from their stock inventory it is not "custom made" - and the claim that all their holsters are hand sewn is nothing more than hype because very few manufacturers use CNC sewing machines when sweatshop human labor is so much cheaper. (Not saying Falco runs a sweatshop - just trying to some emphasis on the fact that almost every cheap generic nylon holster is hand sewn.)

All that being said, I'm glad to read that you found a holster that fits your FN well enough to make you happy. I know the feeling due to several "oddball" handguns in my collection.

stay safe.

I looked around all my local gun shops and looked at uncle mikes, but everyone around here was sold out of the right size, and they didn't have the drop low ride style, so I started searching the internet and found this company. This holster seems like a custom fit because my gun doesn't slosh around in the holster.

How did your friends court case turn out? I have to check you state site, I hope he won.

WalkingWolf

You should have been able to get the drop attachment for your safariland holster. Serpa makes a drop holster attachment also. I don't care much for paddle holsters. But then I am old fashioned, well just old.