• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

King5 shares current CPL rate by county

fire suppressor

I found this on king 5 it looks like it is only a few days old. King 5 shares statistics on the most and least populated countys by CPL. They actually do state that open carry is legal and you only need a CPL to conceal but the news story still irritated me. I feel like the news is continuing to make a story out of nothing and push the gun issue. Assuming their information is correct I was not surprised by what county has the least amount of CPL holders

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Whos-packing-CPL-rates-in-Washington-counties-216826761.html

Alpine

Pretty awfully biased news story. The reporter and WSU researcher seemed surprised and dumbfounded that areas with higher permit rates had lower crime...

Flopsweat

Pretty awfully biased news story. The reporter and WSU researcher seemed surprised and dumbfounded that areas with higher permit rates had lower crime...

Didn't seem that bad to me. I agree that it's odd that a "social science researcher" would be "surprised by the wide variation in CPL rates in counties".

I was not surprised by the intolerance and gleeful stereotyping in the comments section by the anti-gun crowd.