Thread: Travelling from Texas

Travelling from Texas

Hello

I will be travelling through your state from Texas and see that you allow open carry...but somewhat restrictive.

Would you say this is or is not a good idea to do. Is the practice generally accepted there or will I get harassed if I do it?

Thanks.

what's your route? if you have a Texas permit you can OC in your car without restriction. Almost all of KS is OC just a few hold out cities that are being sued.

once I know where your going I can help

Quote Originally Posted by marine0300 View Post
    what's your route? if you have a Texas permit you can OC in your car without restriction. Almost all of KS is OC just a few hold out cities that are being sued.

once I know where your going I can help
    Straight up 35 then wet on I70 at Salina. Headed to Yellowstone.

Can I OC outside of the car (restaurant, gas stations) with my Texas permit?

you should have no problem open carrying. I assume you might stop for gas and OC or spend the night somewhere in KS. Salina is open carry. KS does not require a permit to OC but a permit does give you special privileges in your car. With a permit you can OC anyway you want in vehicle.

KS law specifically states OC is allowed on property open to the public but we have a handful of cities that still have bans on the books and when we find them we let them know their out of compliance with state statutes. we have overturned bans in several cities including Wichita.

Dress nice wear a high on the hip holster go about you business as you would normally do and you shouldn't have a problem. I OC in Topeka all the time.

have a safe great trip

Quote Originally Posted by marine0300 View Post
    you should have no problem open carrying. I assume you might stop for gas and OC or spend the night somewhere in KS. Salina is open carry. KS does not require a permit to OC but a permit does give you special privileges in your car. With a permit you can OC anyway you want in vehicle.

KS law specifically states OC is allowed on property open to the public but we have a handful of cities that still have bans on the books and when we find them we let them know their out of compliance with state statutes. we have overturned bans in several cities including Wichita.

Dress nice wear a high on the hip holster go about you business as you would normally do and you shouldn't have a problem. I OC in Topeka all the time.

have a safe great trip
    Thank you Marine. Thats what I needed.