Thread: Travelling from Texas

Travelling from Texas

Hi - I am going to be travelling from Texas to go see Yellowstone and will also plan to spend a little time in Montana. I see your state is open carry friendly but wanted to make sure it is generally accepted. Is it safe to do so but I don;t want to get harassed. Any tips you can give me please?

Steer clear of the tourists , they're the ones who freak out.
    "Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702

Quote Originally Posted by LeMat View Post
    Steer clear of the tourists , they're the ones who freak out.
    But...I AM a tourist. lol

Thanks. I may have to move if Texas doesn't get its gun laws figured out soon.

I know My experience is that the locals don't seem to mind much, but locals here in Montana have been waning in the past 20 years.

The only folks who look at me sideways are implants and Canadians. How do I know? Live here long enough and they stick out like a sore thumb.
    "Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702

Quote Originally Posted by tx-skydiver View Post
    Hi - I am going to be travelling from Texas to go see Yellowstone and will also plan to spend a little time in Montana. I see your state is open carry friendly but wanted to make sure it is generally accepted. Is it safe to do so but I don;t want to get harassed. Any tips you can give me please?
    Just carry like its normal, you won't or shouldn't get harassed here in Montana.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.