• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon chl info update needed

heresolong

I have the next month off and want to get this taken care of. Canyon City is a long way away as I'm already driving from Blaine, WA and so am looking at Columbia Co. Has anyone done a recent NEW application? I have found several renewal posts but this is a new app. I don't want to drive all the way there and waste $65. I'll go to Grant Co if I have to but...

Also, any chance of a Vancouver date soon by the Grant Co sheriff? I don't know if he is still doing those or would be interested. I also don't know who or how they are set up.

Jeff Hayes

I have the next month off and want to get this taken care of. Canyon City is a long way away as I'm already driving from Blaine, WA and so am looking at Columbia Co. Has anyone done a recent NEW application? I have found several renewal posts but this is a new app. I don't want to drive all the way there and waste $65. I'll go to Grant Co if I have to but...

Also, any chance of a Vancouver date soon by the Grant Co sheriff? I don't know if he is still doing those or would be interested. I also don't know who or how they are set up.

I understand Wallawa County is also good not sure it is much closer but every little bit counts.

EMNofSeattle

years ago I heard tell that the Clatsop County sheriff (Astoria) issues shall issue to Washington residents... but that was at a gun show when I was still in high school.... I also know someone who is a Washington resident and got a CHL from Multnomah county without issue... but unless that sheriff openly says he'll issue a permit shall issue to anyone (and Grant county is the only one I'm aware of) then all this is, is rumor from various people of different backgrounds...

rapgood

I got mine in Multnomah County last November. I called and they scheduled an appointment for me on a Friday so that I could take advantage of the opportunity to spend the weekend in Portland (where I lived many years ago) with my wife. No issues at all. Scheduling an appointment seems to be the key in Multnomah County.