• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bit OT- Why is walmart hidding thier rifles?

Jimmy12

Hello guys, I am new to the gun world and bought my frist gun a RIA 1911. Now I want a rifle a Colt AR-15 walmart does sell them for what I have been told but everytime I go there the guns are locked away:mad: I spoke with a CS walmart emplyee and he told we the rifles are put out arounf 3 pm? I came back around 3:40pm and still no display! Oh well maybe there is something I am missing or..?:eek:

Jimmy

Last edited:

papa bear

does sound strange. the Walmarts around here display their fire arms 24/7. they will let you handle them from 8am to 10pm. did you talk to the store manager?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO. Go to www.vcdl.org and at least sign up for the VA-ALERT newsletter if not joining. Be sure you have your digital recorder running with fresh batteries.

I have no idea why that Wal-Mart does not keep the rifles in the display case during the day. Just guessing, but it might be because they want eyes-on supervision and do not staff the sporting goods department all day. A trip up front to find the manager when you are there ready to spend money sounds like it might be worth the effort. "Hi. I'm here to buy a rifle you have in stock, but it's not out in the didsplay case and there is no cashier (associate?) in sporting goods that can help me. Could you get someone to help me buy it?"

stay safe.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Or go to a gun shop where the higher price is usually way worth the actual help you receive during and after the sale.