Thread: Dollar general store open carry

Dollar general store open carry

Well I went shopping at the dollar general store and noticed there were no weapon signs on the doors. I asked the manager on duty what there policy was and he informed me that the corporate does not have anything on that subject in the policy. He also told me that as long as the person has a license to carry it was ok with him in fact he jokingly told me he wouldn't mind if I carried openly while shop lifters were in his store.

Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitegm60 View Post
    Well I went shopping at the dollar general store and noticed there were no weapon signs on the doors. I asked the manager on duty what there policy was and he informed me that the corporate does not have anything on that subject in the policy. He also told me that as long as the person has a license to carry it was ok with him in fact he jokingly told me he wouldn't mind if I carried openly while shop lifters were in his store.

Gregg
    I open carried in a Dollar General today with no issues.

I have also open carried in DG. There is one close to my house in Shawnee, OK that I went into and the clerk was open carrying.

I have open carried in the DG in Mustang many times with no problems.........

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitegm60 View Post

Gregg
    If I remember correctly, DG policy is to follow state law. I would give the regional manager or corporate a call and verify what the policy is and let them know that this store is posted.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

I've OC'd into the DG on 44th between Soorner and Sunnylane dozens of times. Only get looks from the thugs who hang out out front from the trashy apartments around it.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    If I remember correctly, DG policy is to follow state law. I would give the regional manager or corporate a call and verify what the policy is and let them know that this store is posted.
    I think you misread the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    I think you misread the OP.
    Nope...didn't misread it. The store was posted. The manager on duty said corporate didn't have a policy about it. Manager on duty said he didn't care if licensed people carried in the store.

Like I said, if I remember correctly, DG policy is to follow state law and allow carry in any manor allowed by the state.

Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    Nope...didn't misread it. The store was posted. The manager on duty said corporate didn't have a policy about it. Manager on duty said he didn't care if licensed people carried in the store.

Like I said, if I remember correctly, DG policy is to follow state law and allow carry in any manor allowed by the state.
    No no, you misread it. The OP said that there were no (as in a lack of) weapon signs on the door. There were no weapon-signs, not "No Weapons" signs.

Given the context of the OP's message, the store was NOT posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey-r View Post
    No no, you misread it. The OP said that there were no (as in a lack of) weapon signs on the door. There were no weapon-signs, not "No Weapons" signs.

Given the context of the OP's message, the store was NOT posted.
    I can see your point. If that were the case, I would have written it as "...no, no weapons..."

I know this is a bit late, But our local DG had a "GunBuster" sign, I asked about it twice but could not get a real answer. I sent a polite e-mail to the corporate office, I never got a reply but a week later the sign was gone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EhlerDave View Post
    I know this is a bit late, But our local DG had a "GunBuster" sign, I asked about it twice but could not get a real answer. I sent a polite e-mail to the corporate office, I never got a reply but a week later the sign was gone.
    That's nice...