• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dollar general store open carry

gwhitegm60

Well I went shopping at the dollar general store and noticed there were no weapon signs on the doors. I asked the manager on duty what there policy was and he informed me that the corporate does not have anything on that subject in the policy. He also told me that as long as the person has a license to carry it was ok with him in fact he jokingly told me he wouldn't mind if I carried openly while shop lifters were in his store.

Gregg

Peacemaker65

Well I went shopping at the dollar general store and noticed there were no weapon signs on the doors. I asked the manager on duty what there policy was and he informed me that the corporate does not have anything on that subject in the policy. He also told me that as long as the person has a license to carry it was ok with him in fact he jokingly told me he wouldn't mind if I carried openly while shop lifters were in his store.

Gregg

I open carried in a Dollar General today with no issues.

hrdware

Gregg

If I remember correctly, DG policy is to follow state law. I would give the regional manager or corporate a call and verify what the policy is and let them know that this store is posted.

hrdware

I think you misread the OP.

Nope...didn't misread it. The store was posted. The manager on duty said corporate didn't have a policy about it. Manager on duty said he didn't care if licensed people carried in the store.

Like I said, if I remember correctly, DG policy is to follow state law and allow carry in any manor allowed by the state.

jeffrey-r

Nope...didn't misread it. The store was posted. The manager on duty said corporate didn't have a policy about it. Manager on duty said he didn't care if licensed people carried in the store.

Like I said, if I remember correctly, DG policy is to follow state law and allow carry in any manor allowed by the state.

No no, you misread it. The OP said that there were no (as in a lack of) weapon signs on the door. There were no weapon-signs, not "No Weapons" signs.

Given the context of the OP's message, the store was NOT posted.

hrdware

No no, you misread it. The OP said that there were no (as in a lack of) weapon signs on the door. There were no weapon-signs, not "No Weapons" signs.

Given the context of the OP's message, the store was NOT posted.

I can see your point. If that were the case, I would have written it as "...no, no weapons..."

EhlerDave

I know this is a bit late, But our local DG had a "GunBuster" sign, I asked about it twice but could not get a real answer. I sent a polite e-mail to the corporate office, I never got a reply but a week later the sign was gone.