Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Heard of store clerks open carry

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Moore,Oklahoma
    Posts
    27

    Heard of store clerks open carry

    I have read and heard of store clerks and managers who open carry but have never seen any. I open carry around my home and am going to start open carrying in the stores in Moore that will allow me to.

    Gregg

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    744
    Aside from the gun shops, I have never seen employees carrying. Glad there will be another OC'er in Moore
    Last edited by hrdware; 07-28-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

  3. #3
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    Gun shops or pawn shops are the only ones I've seen.

    Haven't been in a convenience store since pay at the pump was added. too many losers buying scratch off or lottery tickets. (I try to avoid people that are bad at math)

  4. #4
    Regular Member Glock 1st fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    310
    There are people who open carry that work in stores but generally it is the small family ran businesses that do this. Bigger chains find it cheaper and easier to replace a dead employee then the liability of allowing them to fight back (Just my opinion)

  5. #5
    Regular Member okiebryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    Aside from the gun shops, I have never seen employees carrying. Glad there will be another OC'er in Moore
    I can think of a wrecker service where I'm pretty sure you've seen employees open carrying

  6. #6
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    I can think of a wrecker service where I'm pretty sure you've seen employees open carrying
    I figured most of them were ex-felons

  7. #7
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    There are people who open carry that work in stores but generally it is the small family ran businesses that do this. Bigger chains find it cheaper and easier to replace a dead employee then the liability of allowing them to fight back (Just my opinion)
    Actually when I was a partner in a business our lawyer said essentially that very thing (Our liability for a dead employee was no more than worker compensation but for a dead or wounded criminal could be in the millions).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •