Thread: Heard of store clerks open carry

Heard of store clerks open carry

I have read and heard of store clerks and managers who open carry but have never seen any. I open carry around my home and am going to start open carrying in the stores in Moore that will allow me to.

Gregg

Aside from the gun shops, I have never seen employees carrying. Glad there will be another OC'er in Moore
    Last edited by hrdware; 07-28-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Gun shops or pawn shops are the only ones I've seen.

Haven't been in a convenience store since pay at the pump was added. too many losers buying scratch off or lottery tickets. (I try to avoid people that are bad at math)

There are people who open carry that work in stores but generally it is the small family ran businesses that do this. Bigger chains find it cheaper and easier to replace a dead employee then the liability of allowing them to fight back (Just my opinion)

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    Aside from the gun shops, I have never seen employees carrying. Glad there will be another OC'er in Moore
    I can think of a wrecker service where I'm pretty sure you've seen employees open carrying

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    I can think of a wrecker service where I'm pretty sure you've seen employees open carrying
    I figured most of them were ex-felons

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    There are people who open carry that work in stores but generally it is the small family ran businesses that do this. Bigger chains find it cheaper and easier to replace a dead employee then the liability of allowing them to fight back (Just my opinion)
    Actually when I was a partner in a business our lawyer said essentially that very thing (Our liability for a dead employee was no more than worker compensation but for a dead or wounded criminal could be in the millions).