Thread: VCDL Membership Meeting - 8/15/13 - 7PM - Dulles Greene Turtle - Sterling, VA

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

VCDL Membership Meeting - 8/15/13 - 7PM - Dulles Greene Turtle - Sterling, VA

After a couple of months of a "No Firearms Allowed" sign appearing an disappearing at the Dulles Greene Turtle in Sterling, EM's Brian Reynolds and Ed Levine got to the bottom of it. It seems that the owner of the restaurant did not want to allow firearms but the management staff did.

Some postcards were sent by Ed, as well as emails by Ed and others (as posted on Facebook) until Brian reasoned with the owner and the owner agreed with Brian to remove the sign permanently and welcome gun owners.

VCDL leadership was consulted and have decided to hold the August 2013 membership meeting at the Dulles Greene Turtle, located on the service road that circles the Dulles Town Center Mall. The address is: 21035 Dulles Town Circle, Sterling, Virginia 20166

If you are on Facebook, you can RSVP here:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/181937561984447

If you are not on Facebook, please send an email to EM Ed Levine at
    VaGunRights@gmail.com with a subject of "Greene Turtle - #" and replace the # with the number in your party.

Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-28-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Rule 19
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post

VCDL leadership was consulted and have decided to hold the August 2013 membership meeting at the Dulles Greene Turtle, located on the service road that circles the Dulles Town Center Mall. The address is: 21035 Dulles Town Circle, Sterling, Virginia 20166
    I see a date and a location; what is the time?

If this works, then I hope that this location can be a regular venue: it is far more convenient!

Re: VCDL Membership Meeting - 8/15/13 - 7PM - Dulles Greene Turtle - Sterling, VA

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I see a date and a location; what is the time?

If this works, then I hope that this location can be a regular venue: it is far more convenient!
    It's in the thread title. 7pm.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    It's in the thread title. 7pm.
    Well, if you are going to get TECHNICAL about it....

I know that it is time to clean my glasses when I cannot see out of them. Maybe it is time!

disheartening

I have considered becoming a member but was recently removed from their facebook group. I wasn't rude or belligerent nor was I provided a reason for the removal.

I was in the midst of a debate with someone over the 20 round issue in the law and the requisite exemption. I wasn't alone in my opinion and strived to remain professional and repectful. Which is why I don't understand the removal. Was I the only one removed?

Some sort of response would be appreciated but I don't expect one. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AFCop View Post
    I have considered becoming a member but was recently removed from their facebook group. I wasn't rude or belligerent nor was I provided a reason for the removal.

I was in the midst of a debate with someone over the 20 round issue in the law and the requisite exemption. I wasn't alone in my opinion and strived to remain professional and repectful. Which is why I don't understand the removal. Was I the only one removed?

Some sort of response would be appreciated but I don't expect one. Thanks
    PM me your real name and I will check on it.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Over 100 people at dinner..

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Had a great time at the VCDL dinner at the Green Turtle last night -- great turnout, great camaraderie and great food. Met four new friends and enjoyed the discussions on holsters, carry options, etc. Wifey and I don't often get to Dulles Town Center, but when we do we will be sure to eat there.

This is the kind of event that should be held every time we convince a restauranteur to change his/her mind about the right to carry. We certainly filled up the Turtle on a Thursday night, and that had to mean increased cha-ching for his bottom line.

James, you got that right!! They definitely had their hands full. Food took a bit more time but for the size of the crowd I would say that they did good. I did notice the freaked out looks I got going to the restroom. Not a good place to be if you are a Hoplophobe... Probably was the safest place to be in all of VA...

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I never noticed Ed and Philip were twins before

Signed up/Renewed 37 people at dinner.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -