• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Membership Meeting - 8/15/13 - 7PM - Dulles Greene Turtle - Sterling, VA

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
After a couple of months of a "No Firearms Allowed" sign appearing an disappearing at the Dulles Greene Turtle in Sterling, EM's Brian Reynolds and Ed Levine got to the bottom of it. It seems that the owner of the restaurant did not want to allow firearms but the management staff did.

Some postcards were sent by Ed, as well as emails by Ed and others (as posted on Facebook) until Brian reasoned with the owner and the owner agreed with Brian to remove the sign permanently and welcome gun owners.

VCDL leadership was consulted and have decided to hold the August 2013 membership meeting at the Dulles Greene Turtle, located on the service road that circles the Dulles Town Center Mall. The address is: 21035 Dulles Town Circle, Sterling, Virginia 20166

If you are on Facebook, you can RSVP here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/181937561984447

If you are not on Facebook, please send an email to EM Ed Levine at
VaGunRights@gmail.com with a subject of "Greene Turtle - #" and replace the # with the number in your party.

Last edited by a moderator:

nemo

VCDL leadership was consulted and have decided to hold the August 2013 membership meeting at the Dulles Greene Turtle, located on the service road that circles the Dulles Town Center Mall. The address is: 21035 Dulles Town Circle, Sterling, Virginia 20166

I see a date and a location; what is the time?

If this works, then I hope that this location can be a regular venue: it is far more convenient!

AFCop

disheartening

I have considered becoming a member but was recently removed from their facebook group. I wasn't rude or belligerent nor was I provided a reason for the removal.

I was in the midst of a debate with someone over the 20 round issue in the law and the requisite exemption. I wasn't alone in my opinion and strived to remain professional and repectful. Which is why I don't understand the removal. Was I the only one removed?

Some sort of response would be appreciated but I don't expect one. Thanks

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I have considered becoming a member but was recently removed from their facebook group. I wasn't rude or belligerent nor was I provided a reason for the removal.

I was in the midst of a debate with someone over the 20 round issue in the law and the requisite exemption. I wasn't alone in my opinion and strived to remain professional and repectful. Which is why I don't understand the removal. Was I the only one removed?

Some sort of response would be appreciated but I don't expect one. Thanks

PM me your real name and I will check on it.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Had a great time at the VCDL dinner at the Green Turtle last night -- great turnout, great camaraderie and great food. Met four new friends and enjoyed the discussions on holsters, carry options, etc. Wifey and I don't often get to Dulles Town Center, but when we do we will be sure to eat there.

This is the kind of event that should be held every time we convince a restauranteur to change his/her mind about the right to carry. We certainly filled up the Turtle on a Thursday night, and that had to mean increased cha-ching for his bottom line.

JohnM15A

James, you got that right!! They definitely had their hands full. Food took a bit more time but for the size of the crowd I would say that they did good. I did notice the freaked out looks I got going to the restroom. Not a good place to be if you are a Hoplophobe... Probably was the safest place to be in all of VA...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I never noticed Ed and Philip were twins before:eek:

images