• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Center Nampa

carracer

One of my fence panels finally rotted away enough that the dog was just laughing at me so had to replace it today. Went to Home Depot open carrying my best dressed 1911. Went to the paint section first to get the weather sealer to "waterproof" the new fence section. While there had a conversation with another customer. He asked me if I had a concealed permit, to which I said Yes, however not required for open carry. I told him I have oc'd for several years and actually feel strange without it. I mentioned the places I go and that I probably wouldn't carry at the rodeos cuz of all the drunks etc. He told me he was a sec guard at the Idaho Center and since it was private property I couldn't carry there. I casually mentioned that he was incorrect and that it was publicly owned by the City of Nampa and as such they couldn't legally restrict it. Of course he didn't believe me and mentioned all the signs and rules and that they won't let anyone in. I mentioned to him that he was just doing what he was told and I could understand that. Didn't mean that it was right tho. Anyway, I may have to go to an event at the Idaho Center sometime in the future.

hermannr

One of my fence panels finally rotted away enough that the dog was just laughing at me so had to replace it today. Went to Home Depot open carrying my best dressed 1911. Went to the paint section first to get the weather sealer to "waterproof" the new fence section. While there had a conversation with another customer. He asked me if I had a concealed permit, to which I said Yes, however not required for open carry. I told him I have oc'd for several years and actually feel strange without it. I mentioned the places I go and that I probably wouldn't carry at the rodeos cuz of all the drunks etc. He told me he was a sec guard at the Idaho Center and since it was private property I couldn't carry there. I casually mentioned that he was incorrect and that it was publicly owned by the City of Nampa and as such they couldn't legally restrict it. Of course he didn't believe me and mentioned all the signs and rules and that they won't let anyone in. I mentioned to him that he was just doing what he was told and I could understand that. Didn't mean that it was right tho. Anyway, I may have to go to an event at the Idaho Center sometime in the future.

I wonder what he would say to the fact that Home Depot has a corporate policy of following state law? (just as another point)

oldbanger

Home Depot used to give a 10% discount to military ID holders, now they want you to "register"...name....address...phone #....branch of service....WHOAAAAA ! I will just go to Lowes....show....done.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
The guy might be right. It may be public property, but when leased/rented by an organization that is a private organization it then falls under their rules (liability insurance usually comes into play). I went to a preparedness expo at a hotel which I could have carried at normally, but the areas rented by the expo fell under their rules. They even zip tied the airsoft guns (zombie themed expo).