Thread: Nc gun buy back!!!

Nc gun buy back!!!

http://www.wral.com/nc-gun-buy-back-...tims/12689041/

WILMINGTON, N.C. — Law enforcement agencies in Wilmington are holding an event to buy back people's guns, no questions asked.

City police announced Monday that the event Aug. 24 will honor two victims of gun violence, one of them who was only 8-years-old.

The locations will be announced later.

Police spokeswoman Linda Rawley says participants will receive a $100 Visa gift card for working handguns and a $200 gift card for assault weapons.

The event is being sponsored by a local nonprofit organization as well as the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office and the local district attorney.

It honors Josh Proutey, a 19-year-old killed during a robbery last year in Wilmington, and Demetrius Greene, an 8-year-old caught in shootout at a housing complex in 1997.
    Looks like I found a place to dump my Cobra 380 and get more than what it's worth, Wonder if I could buy some firearms from some of the people that are going to sell to them like other members are doing... hmmmmmm
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Banned
    will they accept lower ar's for $200?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    will they accept lower ar's for $200?
    Well, it says "Assault Weapons" not Select fire, Semi-Auto Rifles... so technically I can take a hammer and request $200 since it can be used as a weapon to assault individuals.
    Last edited by Jamesm760; 07-29-2013 at 02:11 AM.

When did the people buy any guns from them in the first place? We didnt so its NOT a gun buy back at all. BS word games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    Well, it says "Assault Weapons" not Select fire, Semi-Auto Rifles... so technically I can take a hammer and request $200 since it can be used as a weapon to assault individuals.
    And I don't recall NC having any definition of "assault weapons"...

I betcha there will be a LOT of people there to sell their AR or AK for $200... NOT!

About all I can say James...is make sure you have a CHP or your PPP when you go to buy. ;-)
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Looks like we found a good place to find some cheap guns. Just wait outside and see what people are bringing in and offer them 25 over what they would get from the PD. Of course it would have to be something good.

No buy back

Planning on being there, CHP in hand and a pocketful of cash.
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 07-30-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Thank you for letting us know about this! I also believe it to be a good idea to show up with our CHL's or PPP's and a pocket full of cash! Who knows what deals we may come across! What of attempting to educate the participants via literature or signage? Protest? I have a strong distaste for such programs, due to a number of reasons perhaps not nice to say here. One of which, though, being the illusion of firearms being the cause of such crimes. As we all know, it would make just as much sense to have a spoon buy back program for Rosie O'Donnell.

Anyone know if they have published the location yet, or are they afraid that people like us will show up?
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    Anyone know if they have published the location yet, or are they afraid that people like us will show up?
    i would like to keep up with this too.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

The links broken and a quick google search turned up diddly.

Last edited by bc.cruiser; 08-19-2013 at 07:59 PM.

By the looks on the comment section, it's not only us looking to go out there and buy... there will be some competition LOL. Still not sure if i'll be able to make it out there, but if I do, hope to see some of you guys out there.

Didn't make it down there. Evening news said the event was "a success". Apparently ran out of money within the first hour. Some of the guns shown were aboslutely pitiful, others decent. Even my wife was amazed that someone could get money for one that was obviously scrap with a broken stock.

I didn't make it down there either... Had to work.

Don't feel bad. This ended like every other "buy-back" topic. Every time a "buy-back" is posted about on here, guys claim they are going so they can buy up guns before the cops have a chance. Then when the date passes, it's all crickets, because "I had a big wad of cash, my camo hat and was ready to go, but at the last minute ___________".