• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nc gun buy back!!!

Jamesm760

http://www.wral.com/nc-gun-buy-back-honors-shooting-victims/12689041/

WILMINGTON, N.C. — Law enforcement agencies in Wilmington are holding an event to buy back people's guns, no questions asked.

City police announced Monday that the event Aug. 24 will honor two victims of gun violence, one of them who was only 8-years-old.

The locations will be announced later.

Police spokeswoman Linda Rawley says participants will receive a $100 Visa gift card for working handguns and a $200 gift card for assault weapons.

The event is being sponsored by a local nonprofit organization as well as the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office and the local district attorney.

It honors Josh Proutey, a 19-year-old killed during a robbery last year in Wilmington, and Demetrius Greene, an 8-year-old caught in shootout at a housing complex in 1997.

Looks like I found a place to dump my Cobra 380 and get more than what it's worth, Wonder if I could buy some firearms from some of the people that are going to sell to them like other members are doing... hmmmmmm:rolleyes:

nobama

When did the people buy any guns from them in the first place? We didnt so its NOT a gun buy back at all. BS word games.

carolina guy

Well, it says "Assault Weapons" not Select fire, Semi-Auto Rifles... so technically I can take a hammer and request $200 since it can be used as a weapon to assault individuals.:rolleyes:

And I don't recall NC having any definition of "assault weapons"...

I betcha there will be a LOT of people there to sell their AR or AK for $200... NOT!

About all I can say James...is make sure you have a CHP or your PPP when you go to buy. ;-)

Bahabandit

Looks like we found a good place to find some cheap guns. Just wait outside and see what people are bringing in and offer them 25 over what they would get from the PD. Of course it would have to be something good.

OpSec

Thank you for letting us know about this! I also believe it to be a good idea to show up with our CHL's or PPP's and a pocket full of cash! Who knows what deals we may come across! What of attempting to educate the participants via literature or signage? Protest? I have a strong distaste for such programs, due to a number of reasons perhaps not nice to say here. One of which, though, being the illusion of firearms being the cause of such crimes. As we all know, it would make just as much sense to have a spoon buy back program for Rosie O'Donnell. :banana:

Jamesm760

By the looks on the comment section, it's not only us looking to go out there and buy... there will be some competition LOL. Still not sure if i'll be able to make it out there, but if I do, hope to see some of you guys out there.

bc.cruiser

Didn't make it down there. Evening news said the event was "a success". Apparently ran out of money within the first hour. Some of the guns shown were aboslutely pitiful, others decent. Even my wife was amazed that someone could get money for one that was obviously scrap with a broken stock.

Resto Guy

Don't feel bad. This ended like every other "buy-back" topic. Every time a "buy-back" is posted about on here, guys claim they are going so they can buy up guns before the cops have a chance. Then when the date passes, it's all crickets, because "I had a big wad of cash, my camo hat and was ready to go, but at the last minute ___________".