Thread: another waffle house incident, this time shots fired

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

another waffle house incident, this time shots fired

Patron in waffle house shoots armed robber. No injuries other than those sustained by robber
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/w...obber-19800334

Isn't it interesting how when a good guy appropriately shoots a bad guy, the news story is nothing but facts.

If this had been nothing but an armed bad guy, the story would also contain four pages of commentary.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

it is annoying that good stuff never makes the news but that goes for just about anything....

As I understand the story, security guard shoots BG to protect off duty LEO. Hmmm.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Banned
    Waffle King .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8t4Smunp1U

lol

I can live w/o Waffle House products ... not that I should have to because of commies

Unless, as suggested, it was an armed security guard who did the shooting, this incident would be double unpossible. WH policy is to ban guns - notwithstanding what the cooks and waitresses at your local WH may feel about you and other LACs bringing their guns with their appetite. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Now-In-Effect

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned

another waffle house incident, this time shots fired

And here I was thinking of having breakfast at WH tomorrow (while OC) to celebrate how carry seems to routinely stop crime in their stores. Not now. It ain't a boycott; I just don't patronize places that will force me to disarm to go inside.

I will also be calling WH and reminding them that every time someone does use a gun to stop a robbery in WH (and every time it gets mentioned on a site like this), folks will be reminded of the no-guns policy, prompting more people not to patronize their restaurants as more and more people learn of this stupidiy.

I haven't been to a WH since moving to Ohio. I will have to go find one and check for signage. Do they even have them here? In Alabama, they are ubiquitous. Once you step out the door of one WH you can see another.

On edit: Yep, they have them, just nowhere in town that I go regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    <O>
    Last edited by eye95; 07-30-2013 at 06:52 AM.

"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I didn't realize, when I started this thread, they had a no guns policy. I don't recall seeing any signage at any of the Waffle Houses here.

I went one of the two local Waffle Houses this morning in the (Belden Area) Canton OH area. There were no signs and I wasn't told to leave. I ask if it was a franchise or company owned. The waitress and cashier didn't know. The sign above the griddle stated it was operated by Midwest Waffle Inc.

I drove through the parking lot of the other Waffle House and it didn't have any signs posted that I could see.

Now I remember why I haven't eaten there since dad passed away 10 years ago; awful food.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I didn't realize, when I started this thread, they had a no guns policy. I don't recall seeing any signage at any of the Waffle Houses here.
    Its just a policy ... I guess that they can fire you if they wish ...