• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another waffle house incident, this time shots fired

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Isn't it interesting how when a good guy appropriately shoots a bad guy, the news story is nothing but facts.

If this had been nothing but an armed bad guy, the story would also contain four pages of commentary.

Kopis

it is annoying that good stuff never makes the news but that goes for just about anything....

eye95

And here I was thinking of having breakfast at WH tomorrow (while OC) to celebrate how carry seems to routinely stop crime in their stores. Not now. It ain't a boycott; I just don't patronize places that will force me to disarm to go inside.

I will also be calling WH and reminding them that every time someone does use a gun to stop a robbery in WH (and every time it gets mentioned on a site like this), folks will be reminded of the no-guns policy, prompting more people not to patronize their restaurants as more and more people learn of this stupidiy.

I haven't been to a WH since moving to Ohio. I will have to go find one and check for signage. Do they even have them here? In Alabama, they are ubiquitous. Once you step out the door of one WH you can see another.

On edit: Yep, they have them, just nowhere in town that I go regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
<O>

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

I didn't realize, when I started this thread, they had a no guns policy. I don't recall seeing any signage at any of the Waffle Houses here.

ShootinRugers

I went one of the two local Waffle Houses this morning in the (Belden Area) Canton OH area. There were no signs and I wasn't told to leave. I ask if it was a franchise or company owned. The waitress and cashier didn't know. The sign above the griddle stated it was operated by Midwest Waffle Inc.

I drove through the parking lot of the other Waffle House and it didn't have any signs posted that I could see.

Now I remember why I haven't eaten there since dad passed away 10 years ago; awful food.