• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry handgun lawsuit possible?

NMOCr

I am just wondering, is there any cases that have been brought against Texas for their open carry handgun bans? I cant seem to find any. Yet I could swear that I read that there was one back in the 1800's. THanks. Jacob.

rushcreek2

I personally don't believe any Texas court would hold that the CHL eligibility criteria, and the minimal fee requirement for issuance in order to practice habitual carry of a handgun is a transgression upon the RTKBA . The renewal class requirement will end Sept 1st, and veteran renewal fee reduced to $ 25.

Looking at that open carry case pending in the State of Mississippi v Robert Schuler, et al - the same arguments made in the amicus brief submitted by Florida Carry and others seems to dovetail well with the Texas situation-since Article 1 Section 23 secures a "RIGHT" that SHALL BE HELD by every citizen in Texas- not a mere state granted privilege.

Last edited: