Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mayors leaving MAIG

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    54

    Mayors leaving MAIG

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...roup-backlash/

    New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is losing part of his arsenal of local leaders as more and more long-time members of his gun-control group Mayors Against Illegal Guns say they arenít happy with the coalitionís trajectory and want out.

    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2aSydC0IB

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    113
    If your Mayor is a member and you have not call, e-mailed, and let them know how you feel about MAIG then shame on you.

    Link to all the members of MAIG.

    http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns..../members.shtml

  3. #3
    Regular Member Black_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    On The Border in AZ
    Posts
    152
    The group is still huge though and getting bigger.

    To Bloomberg all guns in the peasants hands are illegal, so to his mindset, the name is accurate.

  4. #4
    Regular Member ()pen(arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA; escaped from 18 years in TX
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post
    The group is still huge though and getting bigger.

    To Bloomberg all guns in the peasants hands are illegal, so to his mindset, the name is accurate.
    A few days ago I went to a coffee shop on the waterfront in Edmonds, WA. After eating a delicious piroshki inside, my brother called and I moved to an outside table to talk to him. I'd been wearing a jersey from the 2007 NHL All-Star game, as it was overcast and a little cool, but the sun had come out, so I took the jersey off, exposing my Constitutional Right. Shortly thereafter, I noticed the hairy eyeballs of a group of 20-somethings at the next table. As I walked past them to go to my car, I caught some comment about "Mayor Bloomberg" and his hard work in New York. Isn't it rather unsettling how comfortably honorifics fall from the lips of the otherwise unaffiliated?

  5. #5
    Regular Member Logan 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by HyDef View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...roup-backlash/

    New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is losing part of his arsenal of local leaders as more and more long-time members of his gun-control group Mayors Against Illegal Guns say they aren’t happy with the coalition’s trajectory and want out.

    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2aSydC0IB
    Well heck HyDef, I have to admit that if I was a mayor I'd be all for joining a group like that. Isn't everyone against illegal guns? They should be! Everyone! Remember, it's for the children!

    (Pssst! HyDef, what the hell is an "illegal gun" to begin with?)
    Last edited by Logan 5; 07-31-2013 at 04:58 AM.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

    Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

    I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Well heck HyDef, I have to admit that if I was a mayor I'd be all for joining a group like that. Isn't everyone against illegal guns? They should be! Everyone! Remember, it's for the children!

    (Pssst! HyDef, what the hell is an "illegal gun" to begin with?)
    I think it's one of those evil guns that snuck across the border from Mexico. Obama and his ilk prefer to call them "undocumented guns".
    Last edited by HyDef; 07-31-2013 at 09:45 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member ()pen(arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA; escaped from 18 years in TX
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by HyDef View Post
    I think it's one of those evil guns that snuck across the border from Mexico. Obama and his ilk prefer to call them "undocumented guns".
    You mean the ones Bush and Obama have been giving their "anti-narcotics" personnel?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    A few days ago I went to a coffee shop on the waterfront in Edmonds, WA. After eating a delicious piroshki inside, my brother called and I moved to an outside table to talk to him. I'd been wearing a jersey from the 2007 NHL All-Star game, as it was overcast and a little cool, but the sun had come out, so I took the jersey off, exposing my Constitutional Right. Shortly thereafter, I noticed the hairy eyeballs of a group of 20-somethings at the next table. As I walked past them to go to my car, I caught some comment about "Mayor Bloomberg" and his hard work in New York. Isn't it rather unsettling how comfortably honorifics fall from the lips of the otherwise unaffiliated?
    Imo, Mayor Bloomberg is one of the scariest enemies of freedom in public office. Sure, there are probably some with policies more injurious to the cause of liberty, but none with his power, scope of control, and bully pulpit.

    A court just overruled (unanimously) his Big Gulp Ban btw. Reported at Volokh.com iirc.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Logan 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by HyDef View Post
    I think it's one of those evil guns that snuck across the border from Mexico. Obama and his ilk prefer to call them "undocumented guns".
    But, they won't be illegal for very long. IIRC Isn't there about to be another amnesty package for illegals coming up? So just get the illegal guns a green card.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

    Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

    I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    But, they won't be illegal for very long. IIRC Isn't there about to be another amnesty package for illegals coming up? So just get the illegal guns a green card.
    That's discriminatory! I call for amnesty!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •