• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayors leaving MAIG

HyDef

Black_water

The group is still huge though and getting bigger.

To Bloomberg all guns in the peasants hands are illegal, so to his mindset, the name is accurate.

()pen(arry

The group is still huge though and getting bigger.

To Bloomberg all guns in the peasants hands are illegal, so to his mindset, the name is accurate.

A few days ago I went to a coffee shop on the waterfront in Edmonds, WA. After eating a delicious piroshki inside, my brother called and I moved to an outside table to talk to him. I'd been wearing a jersey from the 2007 NHL All-Star game, as it was overcast and a little cool, but the sun had come out, so I took the jersey off, exposing my Constitutional Right. Shortly thereafter, I noticed the hairy eyeballs of a group of 20-somethings at the next table. As I walked past them to go to my car, I caught some comment about "Mayor Bloomberg" and his hard work in New York. Isn't it rather unsettling how comfortably honorifics fall from the lips of the otherwise unaffiliated?

Logan 5

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/29/bloomberg-anti-gun-group-backlash/

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is losing part of his arsenal of local leaders as more and more long-time members of his gun-control group Mayors Against Illegal Guns say they aren’t happy with the coalition’s trajectory and want out.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/29/bloomberg-anti-gun-group-backlash/#ixzz2aSydC0IB

Well heck HyDef, I have to admit that if I was a mayor I'd be all for joining a group like that. Isn't everyone against illegal guns? They should be! Everyone! Remember, it's for the children!

(Pssst! HyDef, what the hell is an "illegal gun" to begin with?) :banana:

Last edited:

HyDef

Well heck HyDef, I have to admit that if I was a mayor I'd be all for joining a group like that. Isn't everyone against illegal guns? They should be! Everyone! Remember, it's for the children!

(Pssst! HyDef, what the hell is an "illegal gun" to begin with?) :banana:

I think it's one of those evil guns that snuck across the border from Mexico. Obama and his ilk prefer to call them "undocumented guns".

Last edited:

PALO

A few days ago I went to a coffee shop on the waterfront in Edmonds, WA. After eating a delicious piroshki inside, my brother called and I moved to an outside table to talk to him. I'd been wearing a jersey from the 2007 NHL All-Star game, as it was overcast and a little cool, but the sun had come out, so I took the jersey off, exposing my Constitutional Right. Shortly thereafter, I noticed the hairy eyeballs of a group of 20-somethings at the next table. As I walked past them to go to my car, I caught some comment about "Mayor Bloomberg" and his hard work in New York. Isn't it rather unsettling how comfortably honorifics fall from the lips of the otherwise unaffiliated?

Imo, Mayor Bloomberg is one of the scariest enemies of freedom in public office. Sure, there are probably some with policies more injurious to the cause of liberty, but none with his power, scope of control, and bully pulpit.

A court just overruled (unanimously) his Big Gulp Ban btw. Reported at Volokh.com iirc.

Logan 5

I think it's one of those evil guns that snuck across the border from Mexico. Obama and his ilk prefer to call them "undocumented guns".

But, they won't be illegal for very long. IIRC Isn't there about to be another amnesty package for illegals coming up? So just get the illegal guns a green card. :eek: :lol: