Thread: Blade-Tech carbon "color"

Blade-Tech carbon "color"

I'm about to order a Blade-Tech OWB paddle, as well as double mag holder, for my PPQ. I'm a little tempted by the carbon "color" (example here), but there's a tiny tacticool-warning siren sounding in the back of my mind. Is that coloration just dorky? Should I just be my normal, conservative, straight-forward self and get the products in respectable black?

i have the carbon look holster, its not blingy nor flashy. it is just a coating and prolly will wear off after a while so i wouldnt spend the extra $ on it.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I made the mistake of buying a Serpa with the "carbon fiber" overlay/inserts - it was not at all durable and scuffed easily leaving the white backing showing.

I eventually solved the problem by removing it and having a nice grained leather cut and trimmed to fit. Now I have an exceptionally nice looking custom sepra and mag cases
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Much obliged for the advice. I just ordered the OWB with paddle and classic double mag carrier with paddle. After using this DeSantis belt holster for a little while, I'm ready for something that's more stable and easier to put on and take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I made the mistake of buying a Serpa with the "carbon fiber" overlay/inserts - it was not at all durable and scuffed easily leaving the white backing showing.

I eventually solved the problem by removing it and having a nice grained leather cut and trimmed to fit. Now I have an exceptionally nice looking custom sepra and mag cases
    Sounds nice! Any pics?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    Sounds nice! Any pics?
    I do have, but for some reason I can't seem to get them to download
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

i have 2 bladetech double mag pouches classic style black for my fns-9 with paddle. they are great and ride well!

being each mag is 17rd i can carry 85 total, just in case
    Last edited by PFC HALE; 08-06-2013 at 06:49 AM.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

I have one. It's clearly not carbon fiber, just a grey grid pattern. Pretty low-key. It hasn't worn off, but it doesn't get much use, seeing as the gun weighs 51 oz unloaded. Internally, it wears on the gun finish something awful.