Thread: Blade-Tech carbon "color"

Blade-Tech carbon "color"

I'm about to order a Blade-Tech OWB paddle, as well as double mag holder, for my PPQ. I'm a little tempted by the carbon "color" (example here), but there's a tiny tacticool-warning siren sounding in the back of my mind. Is that coloration just dorky? Should I just be my normal, conservative, straight-forward self and get the products in respectable black?

i have the carbon look holster, its not blingy nor flashy. it is just a coating and prolly will wear off after a while so i wouldnt spend the extra $ on it.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I made the mistake of buying a Serpa with the "carbon fiber" overlay/inserts - it was not at all durable and scuffed easily leaving the white backing showing.

I eventually solved the problem by removing it and having a nice grained leather cut and trimmed to fit. Now I have an exceptionally nice looking custom sepra and mag cases
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Much obliged for the advice. I just ordered the OWB with paddle and classic double mag carrier with paddle. After using this DeSantis belt holster for a little while, I'm ready for something that's more stable and easier to put on and take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I made the mistake of buying a Serpa with the "carbon fiber" overlay/inserts - it was not at all durable and scuffed easily leaving the white backing showing.

I eventually solved the problem by removing it and having a nice grained leather cut and trimmed to fit. Now I have an exceptionally nice looking custom sepra and mag cases
    Sounds nice! Any pics?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    Sounds nice! Any pics?
    I do have, but for some reason I can't seem to get them to download
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

i have 2 bladetech double mag pouches classic style black for my fns-9 with paddle. they are great and ride well!

being each mag is 17rd i can carry 85 total, just in case
    Last edited by PFC HALE; 08-06-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

I have one. It's clearly not carbon fiber, just a grey grid pattern. Pretty low-key. It hasn't worn off, but it doesn't get much use, seeing as the gun weighs 51 oz unloaded. Internally, it wears on the gun finish something awful.