• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S@W sheild 9mm

Firearms Iinstuctor

I was out with a client today giving him some instruction along with his new S@W shield 9mm He fired about 130 rounds and I put 5 through it. The ammo was 115 gr fmj.

I liked the trigger and the sites were easy to see I had no trouble putting 5 rounds in one ragged hole at 5 yards. I only shot it to prove " it is not the gun". It felt good in the hand and pointed well.

We worked on trigger control, sight picture, drawing and multiple target engagement.

Over all the gun performed well.

HPmatt

I really enjoy my M&P9mm and recently purchased a Shield for CC too. Certainly easier to CC.
Driving to VA this week via LA, MS, AL, TN & KY - am looking forward to OC.
Plan to start working on Sen John Carona and Rep Dan Branch about Texas OC in next session.

()pen(arry

I'm curious enough about how it compares with my Walther PPS that I might try to find one to rent. I know the S&W fans think it has the edge, and Walther fans believe the PPS does. I imagine both are fantastic weapons; I know the PPS is.