• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ignorance of the Law is no excuse!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
http://www.policeone.com/legal/arti...forceable-law/?source=newsletter&nlid=6344703

Metro Councilman John Delgado said Sheriff Sid Gautreaux owed an apology to the men arrested and the entire parish.
Delgado said he will file public records requests to determine when the district attorney's office told the sheriff's office that the men targeted had committed no crime.
"You cannot simply hide behind not knowing that the law had been changed by the U.S. Supreme Court decision in 2003," Delgado said in email to the sheriff's office. "The sheriff's actions are a violation of the civil rights of these men under the 5th and 14th Amendments.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse ... Doesn't your office tell people that all the time?"

Did someone stand up for himself after all those years? "But, Judge, I did not know"
Double standard in this case is discovered. lets see what they do.

And for those of you who are upset about the conduct of the victims, keep your bigotry to yourself, we have all heard it before and it's boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.