Thread: Leather Gun Belt

Leather Gun Belt

Good day gents,

Was wondering if any of you know of a good leather worker in the Las Vegas area?

Back story...I have a high quality leather gun belt that I would like to have shortened.

Thanks

Try Green Valley Shoe Repair at 7835 S. Rainbow Blvd. They do all our shoe repairs and did a nice job on one of my wife's leather handbags.

mbogo

Quote Originally Posted by njkennelly View Post
    Good day gents,

Was wondering if any of you know of a good leather worker in the Las Vegas area?

Back story...I have a high quality leather gun belt that I would like to have shortened.

Thanks
    wait to the next gun show, see if the mernickle holster guy is there, he is the best in the wild wild west, you wont be sorry.

Re: Leather Gun Belt

Sounds like s good opportunity to learn something and DIY. Hell you might even pick up a new hobby!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Leather Gun Belt

I thought about DIY but I'm concerned about keeping the 2 layers stitched together. My $80 sewing machine from wallyworld won't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by njkennelly View Post
    I thought about DIY but I'm concerned about keeping the 2 layers stitched together. My $80 sewing machine from wallyworld won't cut it.
    Ice pick and two good upholstery needles, needle nose pliers. Just make sure to overlap/lock the stitches. You can also use a small dremel drill bit if you don't want to push a ice pick through two layers of leather.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    If you really want to do that right, put the two layers on a piece of wood the appropriate length, and hold them in place and together between 3 or 4 nails on each side, so that they can't move. Then drive two nails into the wood through the leather at one end to anchor the belt and prevent shifting. Now use a long, thin nail or punch to make your holes, or do like one guy I know, who used a dental drill to make a really good radio carrier.

Now pull the nails, and sew the belt together by hand.

If your sewing machine will punch through ONE side of the belt at a time, use that (with the thickest needle you can use) to make the holes in each side, then hand-stitch. Remember that even if the motor won't work, you can often still turn it by hand. Go slow.