• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leather Gun Belt

njkennelly

Good day gents,

Was wondering if any of you know of a good leather worker in the Las Vegas area?

Back story...I have a high quality leather gun belt that I would like to have shortened.

Thanks

mbogo470

Try Green Valley Shoe Repair at 7835 S. Rainbow Blvd. They do all our shoe repairs and did a nice job on one of my wife's leather handbags.

mbogo

chrsjhnsn

Good day gents,

Was wondering if any of you know of a good leather worker in the Las Vegas area?

Back story...I have a high quality leather gun belt that I would like to have shortened.

Thanks

wait to the next gun show, see if the mernickle holster guy is there, he is the best in the wild wild west, you wont be sorry.

vegaspassat

Sounds like s good opportunity to learn something and DIY. Hell you might even pick up a new hobby!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

njkennelly

I thought about DIY but I'm concerned about keeping the 2 layers stitched together. My $80 sewing machine from wallyworld won't cut it.

WalkingWolf

I thought about DIY but I'm concerned about keeping the 2 layers stitched together. My $80 sewing machine from wallyworld won't cut it.

Ice pick and two good upholstery needles, needle nose pliers. Just make sure to overlap/lock the stitches. You can also use a small dremel drill bit if you don't want to push a ice pick through two layers of leather.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
If you really want to do that right, put the two layers on a piece of wood the appropriate length, and hold them in place and together between 3 or 4 nails on each side, so that they can't move. Then drive two nails into the wood through the leather at one end to anchor the belt and prevent shifting. Now use a long, thin nail or punch to make your holes, or do like one guy I know, who used a dental drill to make a really good radio carrier.

Now pull the nails, and sew the belt together by hand.

If your sewing machine will punch through ONE side of the belt at a time, use that (with the thickest needle you can use) to make the holes in each side, then hand-stitch. Remember that even if the motor won't work, you can often still turn it by hand. Go slow.