Thread: Detroit PD Sgt a robber? Don't hear that too often (outside detroit anyways)

Banned

Detroit PD Sgt a robber? Don't hear that too often (outside detroit anyways)

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=44556

"Fake Cops" Robbing Detroit Citizens At Gunpoint Turn Out To Be Real Cops Robbing Citizens At Gunpoint

Crazy story ... wonder if he caught himself

Well,,,

This story was already reported once in the forum.
    It was locked,, quickly.
    We will see how long this report of good cops gone bad can last.
    I wonder if the cops were OCing before they pointed their guns at the robbery victim!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Founder's Club Member
    I do not understand why the other thread was locked. Not at all. The too-obvious 2A angle is self-defense against robbers who flash police badges.

How do you handle that scenario?

Separately, why is anybody surprised? Government already violates the principle of consent of the governed. These particular tax-feeders decided to skip the process a bit. Instead of waiting for their "share" expropriated by coercion (taxes), they decided to skip ahead and just grab it. No surprise there.

Oh, sure, they're risible for being unsophisticated. If they'd had any sense, they'd have made a Terry Stop, brought in a drug dog, and then seized the cash as drug proceeds under asset forfeiture. In which case they woulda got the car, too. But, whether they were sophisticated is beside the point.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Maybe 'cause it was in the MI forum instead of social? My guess.
    It was a rhetorical question, DM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

How can you tell a criminal from a cop anymore?

I have no clue either.

Maybe there is a link between these two stories... http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...an-wrong-house
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)