• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Misleading sign at Fair Oaks Hospital

TFred

59543_575981559118598_667517591_n.jpg
The only thing missing from your note was:

"Here's your sign..."

:D

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Ha.. the I's have nothing. The postcard was sent.. this is not a democracy. I does not matter if any of you agree with me or my methods.
:uhoh:

Uh...Ed, the I's are you!
and the "Me's" count as I's
Count em.

I think so.. It just helps explain how stupid their sign is..

Signs also don't have the force of law.. I never read them.. even if they are on the front door. At a hosiptal I am more concerned with my ailment or my loved one.. that I don't read/look for signs.. and can articulate that as well.. heck.. this post of me SAYING so could be part of my defense.. They STILL would have to ask me to leave.

I have two friends that work there as well. They say that security either secures firearms or sends them home with whomever the owner designates.

No "minds" are going to be changed at a hospital (like we just did at a single owner Greene Turtle).. so sending the postcard does not matter.. except to me.

It's fun and amusing for me.. I have been sending them for years and KNOW that they get passed around, copied, looked at, saved, made fun of, etc. I even had a POSTAL employee call me and say "right on".. I can''t say who or where I am but was sorting the mail and had to let you know I loved your card!

You know the old song:
"A is for apples...I is for Ed....................."

Now you are saying you have nothing and I does not matter.

I'm so confused.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
§ 30-6. Privilege of members, clerks and clerks' assistants, and Lieutenant Governor from arrest.

During the session of the General Assembly, and for five days before and after the session, members of the General Assembly, the clerks thereof and the clerks' full-time assistants, and the sergeants-at-arms of the Senate and House shall be privileged from being taken into custody or imprisoned under any process except as provided in § 30-7; nor shall such persons for such periods of time be subject to process as a witness in any case, civil or criminal. The provisions of this section shall be applicable to the Lieutenant Governor during his attendance at sessions of the General Assembly and while going to and from such sessions.

My considered opinion is that it is a mistake to call a potential adversary's notice to something they're doing that's stupid. You may want to take advantage of their mistake in the future. As long as that sign is worded as it is, it creates a very strong defense to a charge of trespass. If they fix it, there won't be any defense. Law is a game of strategy and skill. If I were representing someone on a charge of trespass for violation the conditions of entry dictated by that sign, I'd quote the Va. Code section cited above to the court. This is not Texas, and there's no reason to believe that the code section cited in the sign has anything to do with Texas.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My considered opinion is that it is a mistake to call a potential adversary's notice to something they're doing that's stupid. You may want to take advantage of their mistake in the future. As long as that sign is worded as it is, it creates a very strong defense to a charge of trespass. If they fix it, there won't be any defense. Law is a game of strategy and skill. If I were representing someone on a charge of trespass for violation the conditions of entry dictated by that sign, I'd quote the Va. Code section cited above to the court. This is not Texas, and there's no reason to believe that the code section cited in the sign has anything to do with Texas.
A further application of KYBMS = keep your big mouth shut :)

1911 Enthusiast

A further application of KYBMS = keep your big mouth shut :)

Well, Grape put that to bed. Ed's on his own on this one, the considered opinion of the sub-forum's graybeards has always been that it's best to not call further attention to such silliness lest something which is recognized by the courts gets put up in replacement.

Guess even EMs can make poor decisions if they aren't regular participants except to self promote.