Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the CC only bunch fanatics?

Are the CC only bunch fanatics?

During the recent fight for a CC only law in Illinois I found myself being banned from the main CC website in Illinois for bringing up the topics of OC and "Container Transport". I don't understand the utter hatred of even seeing the words Open Carry from those that want CC only. Then closer to the passing of HB183 I was banned from a Facebook CC group for the same reasons. It seems the CC only bunch hate even the mention of Open Carry here in Illinois even more than the most rabid anti's. Why?

Soylent Green is made out of people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375207675643.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	10675  
    Last edited by kurt555gs; 07-30-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Follow the money to P2P and P4P.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

[Begin Generalization; WalkingWolf and eye95 really won't like this]
    The situation you describe is roughly analogous to Republicans and libertarians. Typical CC-only folks and typical Republicans want specific trappings that are traditionally associated with liberty, but they are not necessarily interested in liberty, per se, merely a particular set of individual privileges/freedoms, and anything beyond that is of little interest to them. OCers and libertarians are after the fundamental Thing, which is liberty without abridgement. CC-only folks disdain OC in much the same way that Republicans typically disdain freedom of sexuality and the fourth amendment.
    [End Generalization]

Why would you be so stupid to bring in me to a thread I have not posted in? I would think you would be intelligent enough to make your point without dragging others in who have not made a comment. It was rude and dumb on your part.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Re: Are the CC only bunch fanatics?

I think the OC crowd can be just as fanatical. "If you don't oc 100% of the time then you don't believe in the second amendment..." etc.
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Not all. I would like to be able to make the choice for myself.

Carthago Delenda Est

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    I think the OC crowd can be just as fanatical. "If you don't oc 100% of the time then you don't believe in the second amendment..." etc.
    Ratio wise though I think OC folks just like carry and don't think CC guys are going to ruin it or are stupid.

There are a few fanatics on both sides though.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I am against permit only fanatics.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I am against permit only fanatics.
    Me too...

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Why would you be so stupid to bring in me to a thread I have not posted in? I would think you would be intelligent enough to make your point without dragging others in who have not made a comment. It was rude and dumb on your part.
    Nice hissy fit.

I don't really understand why some CCers oppose open carry so much, but I would tend to agree that it may be as ()pen(arry stated.

I also sometimes think that maybe things like OC threaten their "club mentality." They like their secret little CC club. OC exposes it, pun intended. Just speculation.

Are the CC only bunch fanatics?

As a former CC only guy, I think it's just the sheeple mentality. They have been taught not to rock the boat and to not offend anyone. They feel like CC is ok because no one knows, so no one can be offended...

Once I woke up I realized that OC helps to normalize the carry of firearms.

Just my .02

I have also noticed that the CC only crowd need a plastic permission slip to feel comfortable. A law on the books or worse yet the lack of a prohibiting law scares the heck out of them.

Carthago Delenda Est

OC or CC, the only thing that really matters is that second "C".

Just my opinion, though.

Fanatics are on all sides.

Even the correct side of an issue will have its fanatics who wouldn't know how to prove their side is correct and have the same rhetoric as fanatics on the wrong side.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

OC's most important normalization benefit is to normalize the sight of a holstered pistol on a citizen's hip when viewed by a cop.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    OC's most important normalization benefit is to normalize the sight of a holstered pistol on a citizen's hip when viewed by a cop.
    Absolutely correct, but it also applies to the citizenry at large.

I can never get a straight answer from a CC zealot when I ask them why they want to convert a right into a privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Absolutely correct, but it also applies to the citizenry at large.

I can never get a straight answer from a CC zealot when I ask them why they want to convert a right into a privilege.
    All the answers I get from CC zealots boil down to just plain being scared.

Afraid of government/cops.
    Afraid their gun will be grabbed.
    Afraid others will think differently of them.
    Afraid they'll somehow loose a right if they display the right.
    Afraid of ETC.....

+1

Shouldn't be an "only" when it comes to carry.

[QUOTE=kurt555gs;1967330]During the recent fight for a CC only law in Illinois I found myself being banned from the main CC website in Illinois for bringing up the topics of OC and "Container Transport". I don't understand the utter hatred of even seeing the words Open Carry from those that want CC only. Then closer to the passing of HB183 I was banned from a Facebook CC group for the same reasons. It seems the CC only bunch hate even the mention of Open Carry here in Illinois even more than the most rabid anti's. Why?

As I don't know what you specifically posted that got you banned, I can't say their action was right or wrong. But as to those that espouse only one way of carry, fanatical or not, that is wrong. As I have posted before, I have to CC since I live in Florida. I would love to OC. Either way is an exercise of your 2nd Amendment right. It is a shame though that we don't have the choice in many jurisdictions. I am glad that Illinois has finally allowed some form of carry thanks to the judge that made it happen. Some states are heading towards constitutional carry, or are at least making the attempt. No need for the "permission slip" as some on this forum call it.

Follow the law

I was a CC before there was a law allowing it. Since the CC law was passed, I am now a law abiding citizen! If you want to OC, then go ahead. Won't bother me. And my CC won't bother you because you won't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt555gs View Post
    ...Soylent Green is made out of people.
    Soylent Green IS people.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Agree. And the public as well.

Razor Max Tapatalk.
    Mack The Knife sends.

"Laech cach fer co bas" (Gaelic- "Everyman a warrior until death")
    "Bas no beatha" (McLean war cry- "Death or life")

BB62:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-...e_gdata_player

The CC only Mantra:
    I support the Second Amendment, for I am the Second Coming of THE Second Amendment...........but only if you do it my way. For my way was written about in the book of Genesis, go forth and conceal with magazines no larger than 7 rounds. So it was written, so it be so for I am your element of surprise savior.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

This is my first day on this site and I hope I don't offend the moderators here.

I put much of the blame on the policies of those websites and the people who run them.
    If their mantra is OC only then a CCer is not going to be welcomed. It's their website and they are not bound by the fredom of speech laws.

Now if the site is a bit more liberal about dissenters the mods should have told the complainers to take a chill pill.

I have been involved in a couple of conspiracy sites that do not tolerate non believers. One I was banned from the other gave me a 2 week vacation. The one that banned me is very hardcore about conspiracies and have very few members as a result.

AS to OC vs CC. To each his own. Myself I do both. It just depends on where and when. No hard and fast with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast