• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are the CC only bunch fanatics?

kurt555gs

During the recent fight for a CC only law in Illinois I found myself being banned from the main CC website in Illinois for bringing up the topics of OC and "Container Transport". I don't understand the utter hatred of even seeing the words Open Carry from those that want CC only. Then closer to the passing of HB183 I was banned from a Facebook CC group for the same reasons. It seems the CC only bunch hate even the mention of Open Carry here in Illinois even more than the most rabid anti's. Why?

Soylent Green is made out of people.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375207675643.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375207675643.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

()pen(arry

[Begin Generalization; WalkingWolf and eye95 really won't like this]
The situation you describe is roughly analogous to Republicans and libertarians. Typical CC-only folks and typical Republicans want specific trappings that are traditionally associated with liberty, but they are not necessarily interested in liberty, per se, merely a particular set of individual privileges/freedoms, and anything beyond that is of little interest to them. OCers and libertarians are after the fundamental Thing, which is liberty without abridgement. CC-only folks disdain OC in much the same way that Republicans typically disdain freedom of sexuality and the fourth amendment.
[End Generalization]

WalkingWolf

Why would you be so stupid to bring in me to a thread I have not posted in? I would think you would be intelligent enough to make your point without dragging others in who have not made a comment. It was rude and dumb on your part.

skeith5

I think the OC crowd can be just as fanatical. "If you don't oc 100% of the time then you don't believe in the second amendment..." etc.

kurt555gs

Not all. I would like to be able to make the choice for myself.

Carthago Delenda Est

sudden valley gunner

I think the OC crowd can be just as fanatical. "If you don't oc 100% of the time then you don't believe in the second amendment..." etc.

Ratio wise though I think OC folks just like carry and don't think CC guys are going to ruin it or are stupid.

There are a few fanatics on both sides though.

stealthyeliminator

Why would you be so stupid to bring in me to a thread I have not posted in? I would think you would be intelligent enough to make your point without dragging others in who have not made a comment. It was rude and dumb on your part.

Nice hissy fit.

I don't really understand why some CCers oppose open carry so much, but I would tend to agree that it may be as ()pen(arry stated.

I also sometimes think that maybe things like OC threaten their "club mentality." They like their secret little CC club. OC exposes it, pun intended. Just speculation.

badey

As a former CC only guy, I think it's just the sheeple mentality. They have been taught not to rock the boat and to not offend anyone. They feel like CC is ok because no one knows, so no one can be offended...

Once I woke up I realized that OC helps to normalize the carry of firearms.

Just my .02

kurt555gs

I have also noticed that the CC only crowd need a plastic permission slip to feel comfortable. A law on the books or worse yet the lack of a prohibiting law scares the heck out of them.

Carthago Delenda Est

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Fanatics are on all sides.

Even the correct side of an issue will have its fanatics who wouldn't know how to prove their side is correct and have the same rhetoric as fanatics on the wrong side.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
OC's most important normalization benefit is to normalize the sight of a holstered pistol on a citizen's hip when viewed by a cop.
Absolutely correct, but it also applies to the citizenry at large.

I can never get a straight answer from a CC zealot when I ask them why they want to convert a right into a privilege.

sudden valley gunner

Absolutely correct, but it also applies to the citizenry at large.

I can never get a straight answer from a CC zealot when I ask them why they want to convert a right into a privilege.

All the answers I get from CC zealots boil down to just plain being scared.

Afraid of government/cops.
Afraid their gun will be grabbed.
Afraid others will think differently of them.
Afraid they'll somehow loose a right if they display the right.
Afraid of ETC.....

MackTheKnife

Shouldn't be an "only" when it comes to carry.

During the recent fight for a CC only law in Illinois I found myself being banned from the main CC website in Illinois for bringing up the topics of OC and "Container Transport". I don't understand the utter hatred of even seeing the words Open Carry from those that want CC only. Then closer to the passing of HB183 I was banned from a Facebook CC group for the same reasons. It seems the CC only bunch hate even the mention of Open Carry here in Illinois even more than the most rabid anti's. Why?

As I don't know what you specifically posted that got you banned, I can't say their action was right or wrong. But as to those that espouse only one way of carry, fanatical or not, that is wrong. As I have posted before, I have to CC since I live in Florida. I would love to OC. Either way is an exercise of your 2nd Amendment right. It is a shame though that we don't have the choice in many jurisdictions. I am glad that Illinois has finally allowed some form of carry thanks to the judge that made it happen. Some states are heading towards constitutional carry, or are at least making the attempt. No need for the "permission slip" as some on this forum call it.

MyGlockisaRedneck0

Follow the law

I was a CC before there was a law allowing it. Since the CC law was passed, I am now a law abiding citizen! If you want to OC, then go ahead. Won't bother me. And my CC won't bother you because you won't know about it.