Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor trouble

Neighbor trouble

I was walking home tonight and the neighbor that called the police on me a few weeks ago, called the police again today. She called here dog back yelling, get back here or he'll shot you, to the dog. Then she started calling me an A-hole and that she hated me, and I was a danger. Then she calls the police and tells them that I had my gun under my shirt and when the dog came over, I showed the gun to her. She also said not to walk on the public road near her house ? Now the police have this on report. Gotta love sheeple. Is there anything I can do in retaliation to get her off my back ? Should we not have rights against this kind of behavior ? Open carry is legal and we should not be badgered by these people, should we ? Can I file a harassment charge ? (Oh by the way the dog was about a 5 lb fuzzy white little ankle biter.)
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-01-2013 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Fixed title

Campaign Veteran
    Pick up a camera like this one: http://amzn.com/B0037P5CAI

And wear it on your walks. You need evidence to prove she is lying.

Anyone willing to have some open carry events in the Holland area, I need some back up around here. I'm doing it by myself, and it's tough being one against the whole County. I'm getting discouraged.
    Last edited by casper; 07-30-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    Anyone willing to have some open carry events in the Holland area, I need some back up around here. I'm doing it by myself, and it's tough being one against the whole County. I'm getting discouraged.
    Do you have any friends, family? If so, you may want to invite them over for a open carry BBQ in your front yard. Make sure you record everything that way when the nut bag calls 911 you can give a copy of video to the prosecutor and seek charges against her for making false charges. I do believe the DA could also throw in a charge of abusing the 911 system too. Make a example out of her & the rest of the neighbor hood will get the point pretty quick. Also most cities require a dog be kept under the owners control (leash / line / fence) so if you had a video going you could have got the animal control dept. to fine her. You should call them in the morning & ask if they have any records of a licensed dog at her address, if not tell them you would like to file a complaint against a unlicensed dog roaming the neighborhood and causing concern/damage to trash etc... In most cities it's a $50 to $100 fine for keeping a unlicensed dog.

You should FOIA the 911 call she made today so you can begin building a "file" against her. A good civil lawyer will, with the file you compile be able to go after her for the grief she's causing you.

Video is a great tool - make sure you understand that battery life / storage will be limited, so you will need multiple units to rotate if you are going to be out for long periods of time. HD's space is cheap, SAVE EVERYTHING AUDIO/VIDEO - then if some A$$ says you did something 3 weeks ago, you just pull up the proof you didn't & watch the squirming begin.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 07-31-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Video notes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

The camera idea is a good one. I just recently got one myself, pretty good for the price and size.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Free, while a novel idea, I'm not one to poke the hornets nest. I have to admit I have thought of something like that though. Will this go in front of a prosecutor since the police made a report ? After all she is accusing me of a felony. So much for staying under the radar. No chance of a CPL now.
    Last edited by casper; 07-31-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Free, while a novel idea, I'm not one to poke the hornets nest. I have to admit I have thought of something like that though. Will this go in front of a prosecutor since the police made a report ?
    Let me get this straight..this BIOTCH reports falsely you committed a FELONY & you don't want to report her for laws she's breaking?

YES they may & probably will with your past experiences with them. So it's her word against yours at this point, sad to say. You need to start asking the neighbors near you if they saw her hissy fit. If so you should ask them to write a statement of what they saw ASAP, this may help you should charges be brought.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 07-31-2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: typo
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

So the 2nd amendment is not so much a right as a fight ? I do everything by the book, to the letter, and this is what happens ? It makes me question if it's really worth it.
    Last edited by casper; 07-31-2013 at 12:41 AM.

It makes me question if it's really worth it.
    Some people think so.

"Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." – Thomas Paine

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Free, while a novel idea, I'm not one to poke the hornets nest.
    Huh? In your first post you said (emphasis mine):

Is there anything I can do in retaliation to get her off my back ?
    So FiAz gave you a whole big list of retaliatory things you could do.

Which is it?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Bronson, by that I meant file a complaint of false accusation or harassment, on that line. Anything legally I can do about the encounter. I should have been more clear, sorry. Poking at her for other things will just make it worse, and the police would know that's what I was doing. That wouldn't look good for me either. And yes it's worth it, it just gets discouraging.
    Last edited by casper; 07-31-2013 at 02:02 AM.

I'm ordering a drop leg rig, so sheeple like her can't claim I was hiding it. I didn't want to draw that much attention to my gun, but it looks like I'll have to. Rind stones and glitter, maybe some track lighting. Maybe a sign with an arrow that says (HERE'S MY GUN!)

Re: Neighbor troble

I'm ordering a drop leg rig, so sheeple like her can't claim I was hiding it. I didn't want to draw that much attention to my gun, but it looks like I'll have to. Rind stones and glitter, maybe some track lighting. Maybe a sign with an arrow that says (HERE'S MY GUN!)
    She'll just say you were wearing a dress again...

Can't say it enough - video is your friend. One un-named person I know carries multiple video/audio & you'd never know it. That's how it's done . Let their own lies seal their fates. . Now we have to look at it from the LEO point of view - unarmed lady says big guy with gun tucked under shirt flashed his rod/heater/pistola at her who do you think they & a jury will believe? Look on her face when you play the video for a jury $PRICELESS. Plus it teaches our beloved brothers & sisters in LE to do their jobs & not make ASSumptions.

Many have learned the hard way, many more will also in the future, sadly. When it comes to OCers, we will almost always will been seen as the aggressors. Not right, not fair, but that's where we stand in the current "justice" system. Knowing is half the battle, being prepared is the other half. I would guess that less than 10% of the people here who really do OC & not just type about it, carry any kind of video/audio devices???
    Good luck.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 07-31-2013 at 03:51 AM.

I carry a gun have the ability to protect myself from criminals who would attack me with the intent to do me bodily harm...

I carry video/audio recording devices to protect myself from liars who would attack me with those lies with the intent to cause me legal trouble...

A wise person carries gun(s) and recorder(s) because both are tools that can be used for ... protection and defense.

And while I do have the right to bear arms it really IS a fight to keep it.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 07-31-2013 at 07:04 AM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

It is amazing on how things change when you can show the LEOs video of the events,

Yes a good video of them ranting will solve lots of problems.

We had a couple people who would just yell and scream and threaten us on public land for hunting a video and a couple of hunter harassment convictions go a long way to stop this stuff.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Centurion

Neighbor troble

Also, if neighbor is falsely claiming that you're brandishing a unique and special feature on you firearm that is only visible when the gun is not in the holster may be to your benefit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Don't let her discourage you. If you stop SHE wins. Just last week I had the cops called on me at the local gas station. A lady claimed I was waiving my firearm around and I was gonna kill someone. I had actually left before they arrived. The workers there who see me every day told them the lady that called was crazy, my firearm never left it's holster. Not sure what happened to the lady that called, but filing a false police report is a serious crime.

Get a recorder and a friend and proceed to walk around her block for an hour or two. Record your encounter (if any) and when the police arrive show them the footage and file a counter complaint for harassment and tell them you are pressing charges for her filing a false report. You now have a witness and video evidence of her actions.

Good luck.
    Hevy
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

You may want to read the applicable law on "false reports." You may not need to file a charge, but simply inform LE via your recordings and they will charge. Cops do not like folks running them all over town for no good reason.

I would suggest you talk to the Adams182 about perhaps having a picnic in Holland at a neighborhood park. I doubt you are the only OCer in the area.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Put one of these up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yard_sign.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	10677

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    Put one of these up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yard_sign.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	10677

Ok, an update, I called the police today to see if they could press charges on her for maybe disturbing the piece or harassment or false report or something, we have rights too. They said the prosecutor would look at the report and charge if needed. Not good news. The good news is the report was closed last night already, (a civil stop for open carry, closed and on file) It didn't even make it to the prosecutor. Thanks to Ottawa County for protecting our gun rights. They did say they will warn her of 911 abuse if this behavior continues.
    Last edited by casper; 07-31-2013 at 10:58 AM.

...Rind stones and glitter, maybe some track lighting...
    Or rhinestones.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Or rhinestones.
    Thanks spelling police. After all that's the point of this forum, right.

Cool

All the ideas are good.

1. recorder
    2. friends/family
    3. put her on ignore

I also like the "Smile and Wave" approach it really pisses them off while being friendly and non-threatening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast