• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Neighbor trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper

Ok, an update, I called the police today to see if they could press charges on her for maybe disturbing the piece or harassment or false report or something, we have rights too. They said the prosecutor would look at the report and charge if needed. Not good news. The good news is the report was closed last night already, (a civil stop for open carry, closed and on file) It didn't even make it to the prosecutor. Thanks to Ottawa County for protecting our gun rights. They did say they will warn her of 911 abuse if this behavior continues.

Last edited:

DocWalker

All the ideas are good.

1. recorder
2. friends/family
3. put her on ignore

I also like the "Smile and Wave" approach it really pisses them off while being friendly and non-threatening.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
All the ideas are good.

1. recorder
2. friends/family
3. put her on ignore

I also like the "Smile and Wave" approach it really pisses them off while being friendly and non-threatening.

As I recall, the level of "evidence" for a felony charge to be successful is pretty high. I also seem to recall that a civil infraction charge can be pursued based upon a witness saying you did it. But, I'm sure the call is logged in LEIN somewhere. I'd take the advice of those here and I would carry a video recorder at all times when open carrying.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeInAZ

Re: Neighbor troble

Or rhinestones.

Thanks spelling police. After all that's the point of this forum, right.

Just be glad he missed the title of this thread, that's the TROUBLE with grammar nazi's they miss the bigger picture. :p

PS - I know you are low on funds - but amazon has those MUVI recorders in their used / open box section for $30 with a 30 day money back warranty. So buy two if you can swing it. Lot cheaper than paying a lawyer.
:eek:

casper

Just be glad he missed the title of this thread, that's the TROUBLE with grammar nazi's they miss the bigger picture. :p

PS - I know you are low on funds - but amazon has those MUVI recorders in their used / open box section for $30 with a 30 day money back warranty. So buy two if you can swing it. Lot cheaper than paying a lawyer.
:eek:
I tried to fix the title but I couldn't get it to work.:confused:
Talking to the wife tonight about a recorder.

Bronson

that's the TROUBLE with grammar nazi's they miss the bigger picture.

Or we are aware of the bigger picture, that when we repeatedly use poor spelling we appear to be the mouth-breathing, cave dwelling, gun waving imbeciles that the anti's accuse us of being.

Spelling challenged people may not like it but when our only interaction is through the written word our intelligence and merit is judged by how we construct our writings. It's similar to how people judge and are judged by how we look and dress. It may not have any real bearing on our true self but it's the way of the world.

It's not a popular view but it happens and it happens all the time. I have watched hiring managers throw resumes in the trash because of one misspelled word, the candidate may have been perfect for the position but that didn't matter. One misspelled word completely convinced the hiring manager that the candidate wasn't worth the time. Spelling matters.

Bronson

Maverick9

All the ideas are good.

1. recorder
2. friends/family
3. put her on ignore

Careful. There are folks in the Minnesota forum who will call you names and accuse you of living in your mom's basement if you suggest #1, lol.

Also - we can put people on 'ignore'? Is there a remote control button?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Or we are aware of the bigger picture, that when we repeatedly use poor spelling we appear to be the mouth-breathing, cave dwelling, gun waving imbeciles that the anti's accuse us of being.

Spelling challenged people may not like it but when our only interaction is through the written word our intelligence and merit is judged by how we construct our writings. It's similar to how people judge and are judged by how we look and dress. It may not have any real bearing on our true self but it's the way of the world.

It's not a popular view but it happens and it happens all the time. I have watched hiring managers throw resumes in the trash because of one misspelled word, the candidate may have been perfect for the position but that didn't matter. One misspelled word completely convinced the hiring manager that the candidate wasn't worth the time. Spelling matters.

Bronson

+1

Have long maintained we are what we appear to be to those observing us. Beauty or the lack of it is in the eye of the beholder.

Since this is in essence a public relations battle, it does not hurt to take the high road and put your best foot forward as it were.

Proper spelling, puncuation and paragraphs with well thoughtout replies sticking to the facts w/o personal slurs goes a looong way to painting a better image of us.

Is perfection required? Hardly, but not even attempting to keep your (hence our) image positively portayed is a shame. Offering excuses such as "I am what I am" or it is the message that counts ignores the fact that you do not control how the message is received.

On this forum if you right click and check "Check Spelling", misspelled words will be underlined in red with suggested correct substitutions. I do so on 99% of my posts. It is quick, easy and worth the small effort.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

spell check is great, but
I have been fed up with the suggested corrections that sometimes didnt even come near what i was trying to spell.

Also it is quite possible to write a correctly spelled post using so many correctly spelled, but wrong words
that your thoughts have no meaning.

Also in it quiet possibly to right a corrected spelling past used to manly current spell, butt rung wards
than you're though's hive know meeting.

See what I just did there?

BTW, I have my spell check on, but, I couldnt spell disernable,
and dont know how to get recommended spelling options.

Some folks seem to know how to spell all the words,,,
they should be greatfull, if they know how to do something that makes money too!

Spelling NAZI's offten make the rest of us sad...
notice above,,,, often has too many "f"s, but did get the underline... whats up with that?

ETA: just looked in my chair side dictionary, discernable...
I was born in 52, learned to "sound it out", so Im still learning to spell words that dont work that way..

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Status
Not open for further replies.