• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc or any carry at safeway

Logan 5

I'd be more concerned about the food safety at Safeway long before I'd be concerned about any kind of firearm carrying.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
BTW, here is a copy of an e-mail received by another member:
Dear Mr. XXXXX:
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your local Safeway store.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with one of our employees at your local Safeway. We have contacted the Store Manager Mike regarding your inquiry about the acceptance of firearms being allowed in your local Safeway stores. Mike has informed us that he has been notified by our Security Department that firearms are allowed in your local Safeway stores in accordance with the state law. If you would like to discuss this further with the Store Manager Mike, you may contact him at 1-(907) 331-1700 option 8. We have forward your comments to our Public Affairs Department for further review. Please be assured that your concerns have been addressed.
If you would like to discuss this further, please reply to this email or call our toll free number at 1-877-723-3929 and reference contact I.D.
16688058. One of our associates will be happy to assist you.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for shopping at Safeway.
Sincerely,
Safeway Customer Service Team

509rifas

I used to work at Safeway, and I'm sure there is no anti-OC policy. I regularly carry in safeway, usually but not always concealed, one of the supervisors is prominent in the local gun club.
But I m on the other side of Washington.
It was a security guard looking for someone to confront because he couldn't find a shoplifter.

Last edited: