Thread: Another interaction with police

Another interaction with police

I was on the east side of Columbus around noon and felt hungry. I went to my favorite gyro shop for lunch and to flirt with the girls behind the counter.
    I order, pay and attempt to make the girls laugh when an officer walks in. We lock eyes, I get the feeling that the poo about to hit the fan. The officer comes up to me and says "How are you today sir?"
    I replied "I'm fine, your self officer?" He said he was great then he ordered his food. I went back to talking to the young lady behind the counter.
    Thats it. No cuffs, no ID, no lawsuit. What has this world come to when a law abiding citizen gets a friendly "how are you" and not harassed

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    And that's how it's suppose to go.

Today I walked into our local gun shop and two of our uniformed finest were looking at ASSAULT RIFLES.

With my trusty S&W 38S perched on my hip we proceed to discus the department's upgrading from 9MM to 40s.

No mention of my sidearm.

N605TW-

Life is good around Franklin county.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post

Today I walked into our local gun shop and two of our uniformed finest were looking at ASSAULT RIFLES.
    I was under the impression that in that type of circumstance they were to be referred to as Personal Defense Weapons. Well that's according to CNN at least.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by RCall View Post
    I was under the impression that in that type of circumstance they were to be referred to as Personal Defense Weapons. Well that's according to CNN at least.
    Yes.... IIRC, the DHS procurement for AR-15s referred to them as Personal Defense Weapons, not as "Assault Rifles." Seems like when they are in the hands of the government they will be used only for defensive purposes, but when The People have them, they are used only to "assault" others... How Orwellian!

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post

With my trusty S&W 38S perched on my hip we proceed to discus the department's upgrading from 9MM to 40s.

No mention of my sidearm.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Yes.... IIRC, the DHS procurement for AR-15s referred to them as Personal Defense Weapons, not as "Assault Rifles." Seems like when they are in the hands of the government they will be used only for defensive purposes, but when The People have them, they are used only to "assault" others... How Orwellian!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those Personal Defense Weapons DHS bought semi-automatics without Da Switch?

COL's local gun shop carries Class III? Neat! Trouble is, if it's new stock (since 1986) only the po-po can purchase it. The rest of us are restricted to purchasing antiques.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those Personal Defense Weapons DHS bought semi-automatics without Da Switch?

COL's local gun shop carries Class III? Neat! Trouble is, if it's new stock (since 1986) only the po-po can purchase it. The rest of us are restricted to purchasing antiques.

stay safe.
    I was not speaking in the technical sense, hence, googly eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Consider yourself corrected. The DHS order is for the real deal, fun switch included. Link to the purchase req. "It is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items. 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense."
    Last edited by jeffrey-r; 08-01-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: formatting

Banned

Hmmm...that makes it sound like a firearm with more deadly capability is for personal defense, while one with less is for assaults.

To the OP: Cool. That's how it is supposed to be. I'll bet the cop was sizing you up while not interfering with your rights. As he should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Banned
    But the best interaction is, of course, none.

Banned

Nope. The best interaction is a normal interaction between two people, such as the OP reported.

No interaction is only best for people lacking in social skills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    ...No interaction is only best for people lacking in social skills...

Or people who, a) don't have a life, and b) despite having no substance to their posts, nevertheless feel compelled to post on every forum and every subject.

Only people with no life post on gun forums!

Wait...

Damn.

------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

When their eyes locked was their an Ennio Morricone score playing in the background?