• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OFF TOPIC: .Serbu Super Shorty 12 Gauge .

bmg50cal

26 U.S.C. § 5845(E)
For the purposes of the National Firearms Act, the term “Any Other Weapon” means:

Any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive;
A pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell;
Weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading; and
Any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire.
Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/importation-verification/firearms-verification-nfa-aow.html

According the manufacturer it is considered an "AOW pump shotgun." When it was redesigned it was neither a pistol nor a revolver to begin with so the second USC definition does not apply. The first applies.

PALO

Oh, I agree that the usablility of a 6.5 in barreled shotgun is quite low, recovery after recoil,accuracy all make it a very short range weapon. I too will take my 11/87 police over this novelty. But it looks like a fun gun.

As for the .223 issue, the police have vastly better fire disipline (I hope) than the average spray and pray civilian. And the military don't mind wiping out the bad guy through 3 mud walls.
Tell the kid on the bicycle half a mile a way(or your own child 3 house walls away) who is crippled that the .223 is ONLY a medium power round.

I am an instructor for cops and also civilians, so I think I have some relevant observations here

1) the AVERAGE cop is a "just ok" shooter at best. A small %age, maybe 10 % are very good, but most cops are just ok. A LOT of new recruits come into this job having never fired a gun. I suggest cops in shall issue states are better shots than those in may issue, since the former locales make it easier for people to get access to guns and go shooting when one grows up. This part is speculation

2) the average civilian ime is not 'spray and pray'. The average civilian who goes through the trouble to get a permit etc. is usually a pretty decent shot. My agency runs qualifications twice a year, mandatory. Most officers ONLY shoot at those times. However our union contract entitles us to also have 1 hr shooting session per month. Very few take advantage of this. We also get issued 2 boxes of ammo a month!!! which is a wicked pissah perk, but a surprising # of officers don't request their ammo each month - it's not just given to you; you have to request it and sign a log book and the sgt. hands you two boxes. I have NO idea what ammo costs because I've never had to buy it :)

davidmcbeth

Banned
It wouldn't be in my top 10 for home defense, probably not even top 20.

3 shots if one is already in the chamber? No thanks. It is too easy to miss in a defensive situation, 3 shots just isn't enough for me to be comfortable. I would much rather have an AR pistol with 20 or 30 shots. Same maneuverability, similar effectiveness per shot, but 10 times as many shots.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.outdoorlife.com/files/photo/1001321579/3gunshotgun.jpg

put in an extension tube - a 10 rounder ! Shooting slugs, you're fine.